A tempory Australian

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I think the pics tell the story. I had no problem staying on the right side of the camera....

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 393
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 425
Sorry, do you mean temporary? Where was this pic taken? wild or captive, they are beautiful!

Sorry, do you mean temporary? Where was this pic taken? wild or captive, they are beautiful!

You're right, I got the spelling wrong. Thought it looked wrong but couldn't find the Oxford.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder as to me they are plain ugly....The pics were taken at a friends place and are captive bred. As you can see one is milky for it's first shed.

Mad, you don't like vens, or just adders?

Yer I don't think I would be holding them in my hand. Maybe that's just me. Yes there small but still posionous. But they look cool.

Wow they're beautiful. I was asking about free handling of adders the other day. I wouldn't think anyone would be game enough because they are so fast

Mad, you don't like vens, or just adders?

No, I don't like vens. I grew up in a time and place where if you say any ven snake you killed it. Yeah I know not P.C. but guess what it still happens out there.

Khagan...the guy reckons that up until their first shed you can handle them but not after the first shed.....yeah right, I'm told they are called Death Adders for a reason.....

No, I don't like vens. I grew up in a time and place where if you say any ven snake you killed it. Yeah I know not P.C. but guess what it still happens out there.

Khagan...the guy reckons that up until their first shed you can handle them but not after the first shed.....yeah right, I'm told they are called Death Adders for a reason.....
i thought they were blue tongues

Not according to the guy that gave me a 5min lecture today about my 3 , there Deaf Adders

Death Adder, Deaf Adder, well neither can hear sound but one can put you in hospital so I'll go with the Death Adder tag.
Did your guy have letters after his name by chance.

They are gorgeous, I love adders, they are an awesome animal. I wish I could have a lot more, we only have 1, and she is 1 of the nicest elapids we have. Both looks and temperment.

im sure the handler/keeper will be fine with those little adders.
and if your still worried go look at how many keepers have been killed by adders, i rest my case

Still doesn't hurt to be cautious especially when you're dealing with elapids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back