Ackie Substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading in some other thread that someone keeps a dust buster around and uses that to get the sand out of the tracks. sounds like a good idea to me. i've got one and i use it mostly to vaccuum up the last of the substrate when i clean it out, then wipe out with wet paper towel, works a treat.

I just bought a piece of 5mm balsa from the craft section at bunnings and put that on the inside track and it almost entirely fixed the problem. There is still a little bit that gets in but it's not enough to stop the door sliding.
I also use a coir peat and sand mixture. It's due for a change pretty soon but even now it only really smells if I stick my head right in the tank

I just bought a piece of 5mm balsa from the craft section at bunnings and put that on the inside track and it almost entirely fixed the problem. There is still a little bit that gets in but it's not enough to stop the door sliding.

great idea, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back