Adoption of ARP's Aussie Pythons - donations.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I've been nominated by Slateman to coordinate the money side of Popp's fantastic idea to adopt an Aussie python (or two, or three).

This link to the ARP site gives all the details:
http://www.reptilepark.com.au/sponsorship.htm

We are aiming to sponsor the Rough-scaled Python for starters, and then go on from there.

The Rough-scaled Python is particulary important, as one of the rarest snakes in Australia. To find out more check this link:
http://www.reptilepark.com.au/roughscaledpython.htm

You can donate by sending me a private message (do not respond to this message) and asking for details on how to get your cash to me.

Primarily, money can be deposited into an account, or sent by cheque or money order. We will avoid using PayPal, as this incurs fees and charges.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE:
I will keep a full record of names and donation amounts publicly in this thread, unless anyone objects. This will mean we can all see our progress towards targets, and you'll know I'm doing honest book keeping.

So, dig deep APS! It's a great cause!

DONATIONS PLEDGED/RECEIVED:

07/05/2003 $50.00 Nicole
09/05/2003 $50.00 Hawkeye & Kathleen
09/05/2003 $50.00 Gregory, Regina & Kids
09/05/2003 $20.00 Kirov_grrl
13/05/2003 $50.00 africancichlidau
14/05/2003 $20.00 Harty
15/05/2003 $20.00 cyber_crimes
17/05/2003 $20.00 Slateman
22/05/2003 $20.00 Jas
27/05/2003 $25.00 Magpie
27/05/2003 $50.00 sarahbell
16/06/2003 $25.00 grahamh
19/06/2003 $20.00 Brodie
30/06/2003 $20.00 stretch
08/05/2003 $50.00 dan_lizard
10/05/2003 $20.00 lawrence5
17/05/2003 $10.00 Pinkie

TOTAL RECEIVED:
30/06/2003 $440.00

TOTAL PLEDGED:
27/06/2003 $520.00

What is going to happen to the extra adoption "prizes". Are we going to have a draw where everyone who donated can enter or what? Just wondering how you are working that out.

Just a suggestion:

Why don't we just adopt the RSP and give them whatever we collect. Invariably our donation will go into general revenue to keep the park running. The other alternative is pay for a plaque with aps sponsorship on it and give them the rest.

Cheers Hawkeye

:p Good question sj,i am calling the park in the morning & going to set up a meeting with the people incharge & find out more about it.We have tossed up the idea of a raffle & all that donate get a number(still thinking)& of couse done over a web cam for all to see.Once i meet with the organizers i will know a lot more & will then talk it over with youself & nicole & im sure we will get it right. :p

Now then...
I know you explained it all to me last night popp, and said that there would be a post soon, BUT, I dont get it

:oops: **has a blonde moment** :oops:

From what I understood last night, the money raised is being donated to ARP, and to entice people to donate, you are also running a raffle? which the "adoption prizes" that are given to the "foster parents" are being raffled off..... true? now, this was my understanding, BUT, when chatting last night, there was some confusion.... so.........!!!

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!
(or I might have to start bleaching my hair) :twisted:

I think the story is:

There was an idea that it would be just a donation. Then there is now the idea that instead of a donation we get money by raffling off a snake. All money for the raffle goes as part of the RSP adoption. The people who have already donated can either 1) get "tickets" in the adoption raffle or 2) just keep it as a donation only.

The raffle is to help with encouraging people to contribute.

Does that help Vodka_Chick?

Cheers Hawkeye

The raffle prize wouldnt be a roughie by any chance?? :p

See thats "basically" what I understood... so that means that some of the money raised (donated, whatever) will be used to buy a snake? AND, I know its a small point, (as I'm probably the only one) but any West Aussies can't win the raffle, because we can't get import licences....

I say... if I win, you just send me the $1000 it will cost for me to get my SW Carpet........... *nodz* good idea huh???

adoption.

i had a slightly differant take on the raffel..

was thinking the donations and the raffle were two seperate enterties so as well as money raised from donation that would then be combined with money raised from raffle.

that way we maybe able to adopt the whole rsp coleny or somthing alone thoughs lines..
anyway far from organised i think.
cheers paul.

All this time and we are still wandering around lost??? hehe.... not good for the psychological state ;)

Wossapin with this little venture guys and gals?
We must have enough to run off to the Bahamas together by now Niccy babe :)

Hehehehe, the Bahams might be nice, but we couldn't take our snakeys with us - that's no good :( :lol:

Never fear the money is all safe, public record keeping ensures that.

Popp has said he should have an update this week....
Popp, let us know how you are going, I'm sure we are all very keen to put the APS name on those Roughies! :D

OMG, please don't think I was saying the money wasn't safe Nicole, that thought never entered my head. Was just wondering whats happening is all hon

No worries there Afric... just pointing out that we'll have to pull off a much better scam to get us to the Bahamas... :lol: :lol: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back