Advice needed- Southern Angle-headed Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unit52

Reaction score
I have a couple of juvi Angles that I am worried about they have been eating fine up to last week, since then they have not eaten, I have just check the temperature and it is at 17.1 which is quite cool but still in what I have read to be their optimum range, the humidity is sitting at 72% but I have had the waterfall turned off for cleaning. So what is the best additional heating if any should I use.

Don't panic! are they still healthy looking? & have you noticed any sulking?

They may just be off their food due to the cold weather. I do provide mine with a little heating, by placing low wattage heat cord fixed to a melamine sheet on top of the enclosure mesh (heat cord underneath running through eye hooks to keep the runs nice and evenly spaced) If they want heat they climb to the top of the vertical branch & its warm. Heat cord is good because its not a direct heat & the cord is waterproof.

They don't need to have a waterfall if you've seen them drink from the bowl, but can benefit from it as it stimulates natural behavior for breeding season & drinking. Make sure you mist the enclosure regularly to help humidity & shedding.

Dominance may be another factor if you have too many males.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back