advice on lighting/heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futile

Reaction score
I am currently looking in to getting a stimson python... I am looking at an enclosure that measures 600 x 400 x 400mm and am wondering what kind of light/heat setup people would recommend?? Thanks heaps

You haven't really given us much info about whether you want to get a hatchy or Adult Stimson or something in between?
This will be the major determining factor in appropriate cage sizing.
If it is a hatchy I'd just use a Click-Clack type set up with a heat mat or cord under about 1/3 of it... Until it reaches suitable size for that kind of enclosure.

yeah sorry man hoping to get my hands on a hatchy.... im a tard at asking questions I leave most stuff out that's prob the most important haha I just watched on you tube how to set up a click- clack I will definatly go that way how long roughly do you leave them in that kind of setup??

yeah sorry man hoping to get my hands on a hatchy.... im a tard at asking questions I leave most stuff out that's prob the most important haha I just watched on you tube how to set up a click- clack I will definatly go that way how long roughly do you leave them in that kind of setup??

Upgrading them till they are around a year old then into a small enclosure.

I keep my stimmy thats around 18mths in an enclosure the size you have mentioned and it is plenty big enough. i just have a heat mat with a thermostat at one end of it. I can post a pic if you like

I have similar to Nathyrich, almost 2 year old Spotted in a 750x450x450. Seems to like it. Just have a tile with heat cord under it through a thermostat with a hide on top.

Did have a heat light in the old enclosure but it wasn't used. The new one has an LED GU10 just for when I want to light the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back