Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

expansa1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

AFTCRA Inc (Australian Freshwater Turtle Conservation & Research Association) would like to announce 3 prizes to be raffled to any members of APS that join AFTCRA before the end of March 2006!

The first prize will be valued between $300-$350 and be either a Diamond python or Children's python (guaranteed het for the Caramel Albino colour) donated by Craig and Gabrielle Latta. We will decide which python it will be after this seasons Diamonds hatch in February 2006.

Second prize is kindly donated by Olivehydra and is a signed copy of John Cann's 'Australian Freshwater Turtles'(1998) valued at $150. This book is extremely difficult to obtain and is regarded as one of the best books on Freshwater turtles ever!

Third prize is a copy of 'The Australian Pig-nosed turtle' book by Georges, Doody, Young & Cann (2000).

So all you have to do is become a financial member of AFTCRA and fill in the application form. You WILL need to write your APS username on the form after your real name to enter the draw!

This non-profit organisation is Australia's first Reptile based conservation group and is for a very good cause- we are trying to save threatened turtles from becoming extinct ! Membership costs as little as $40 per year!
Application forms can be downloaded from
www.aftcra.org.au
Regards,

Craig

If there are any questions please post them!
Expansa1

hi craig,
just a question about first prize, if i happen to win i live up the coast
and aren't set up to have diamonds, is there any chance to have a choise between the
2 snakes as i wouldn't take the diamond, just a thought,

cheers,
steve........

steve6610 said:
hi craig,
just a question about first prize, if i happen to win i live up the coast
and aren't set up to have diamonds, is there any chance to have a choise between the
2 snakes as i wouldn't take the diamond, just a thought,

cheers,
steve........

Hi Steve,

Yes, In fact if all goes to plan and my Diamonds hatch (Not willing to count my snakes until they've hatched) then the winner will have a choice of either the Diamond or the Children's.

Regards,
Craig
Expansa1

hi craig,
thanks for that, i'll have to look at joining up,
i really want one of those caramel childrens, now to work
out how to stop everybody else from going in the raffle, :wink: :lol:
in the case i miss out, :wink: , can i put in an order for a pair.....

cheers,
steve..........

how do i join how much will cost
excuse me for asking how much it costs it is a good cause i was reading about it the day but forget how to join and where it is and that

sorry i should have read more carefully instead of just looking at the prices

this si an exellant idea to raise money and get new members i will be joining
thank you to the other members who have donated prizes
i am not an official spokesperson but if anyone has anything else to donate for the draw it wil get more members for agreat cause

i tried to download member form it wouldnt let me something to do with server you can email me
thank you to the some of the moderaters tat have joined and proved to me it is naot a con but a good idea

shellshock said:
i tried to download member form it wouldnt let me something to do with server you can email me
thank you to the some of the moderaters tat have joined and proved to me it is naot a con but a good idea

I just downloaded the membership form off the site and it opened fine!
I opened it from the site and also checked if you could save it first, then open it! You probably should save it to your hard drive before opening it.
Anyway, if anyone is having difficulties getting the membership form please pm me and I will send it to you.
Regards,

Craig
Expansa1

I clicked on the form and just kept saying "Yes" to all the messages and Voila! I had a word document. My app is now in the mail.

peterjohnson64 said:
I clicked on the form and just kept saying "Yes" to all the messages and Voila! I had a word document. My app is now in the mail.

Thanks for your support and good luck in the raffle!!

Kind Regards,
Craig
Expansa1

diamond_python said:
I downloaded the form no problems at all :)

Looks like I may have to join :)

Great!
As an added bonus, the first application we receive to join AFTCRA Inc. by an APS member will have two chances to win a python as Hydra has decided to kindly donate his ticket!

Regards,
Expansa1

Bugger, I dont have anything left at the moment to donate that would be of interest to anybody. I am counting down to March it will dead set be my favourite month.

Maybe the site admin could consider one of those side boxes to hold links to comp/raffle threads... :idea:

That way you wouldn't continually need to 'Bump' it up again and again and again... :shock:

By the way, at the bottom of the sites pages the copyright statement says '?2003 Company Name', I think company name needs to be changed to AFTCRA or something similar... :wink:

I have sent a message to David Lutz regarding Snake Wranglers suggestion and am awaiting his reply.

Regards,

Expansa1

Craig, how goes it with the APS applications to date? Hope that P.O. Box is full? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back