Air rifles!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulionz

Hey i was just wondering if anyone on aps could help me with this.

im 15 and live on 100 acre's and we have a few rabbit's down the back and i wanted to get a air rifle
idn if i could kill 1 but i was just wondering what gun would be best for this if i deside to hunt them .if not i would just shoot target's,can's ect ect .

you would need a high powered air rifle which will cost consideably more than a good bolt action .22.
id go the .22, bullets are cheap and they are good fun guns for rabbits or targets

A 303 will take out a rabbit, and it's habitat. Makes it easier if you're a bad shot :)

All an air rifle will do to a bunny is torture it, they're not really designed for killing anything bigger than a mouse. Seriously, go for the .22 bolt, with a scope.

ok thanks guys

so .177 is not good for rabbit hunting but they have better fps..177 have like 1000-1200 fps and .22 have only around 400-700

and no im gonna get a firearms license but can i still get it in my name at my age

Air rifle is useless unless you are shooting cans. If you are going to shoot something, do it properly so it puts the animal down quickly. An air rifle won't do that.

That would certainly do the trick, very nice. Make sure you treat it with a great deal of respect, and follow all the rules, even if it's a pain.

When I started hunting, pigs in particular, I went into a few rifle shops, spoke to a few of the salesman/woman got their opinions and bought all my rifles and shot guns like that. It also helped that my Uncle was a forest ranger and he knew heaps about guns. Get your Dad to take you and let him do all the talking.

i agree with crazy_snakes08 just hit the gun stores you can always pick up a great secondhander. And they can help you get the setup you need

thanks
serpent dont worry i would treat a gun with more respect then it needs i would be so careful and safe

crazy snakes i havnt seen dad in about 3-4 years now lol but i could go in and ask for opinions tho

also what are the requirements and stuff for the license i cant find anything that says ur age to own 1 and have it on your property.

i believe it is 16 in NSW? But you need to be 18 to buy the gun and have it on your gun license? Could someone confirm this?

Last edited:
thanks i will have a look now
would this gun be good
Bankstown Gun Shop
22.'s dont have much recoil ay its just like shooting a air rifle just with a tiny bit of push

thanks i will have a look now
would this gun be good
Bankstown Gun Shop
22.'s dont have much recoil ay its just like shooting a air rifle just with a tiny bit of push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back