Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting who comes out with the first lot of albino bhps along with jags along with alb gtps along with .......................sad but true!

so if you put the albino BHP over the existing Axanthic BHP would you get a SNOW Aspidites menanocphalus ???? potential would mind blowing

You'd get doube hets but they would have a 1 in 16 chance of producing a snow when bred together. By that i mean 1 in every 16 hatchies produced from the double hets, statistically, should be snows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to hear the stories that are used to try and make smuggled in animals appear to be genuine aussie bred albino BHPs. It will be entertaining. As for 60k , for a one of animal sure but for multiple animals available on the market i doubt it. No my money.

I wonder if the ones who will claim to have 'aussie bred' BHP albinos will be willing to have a DNA test done on both the albino and normal looking parents ;)
Might be a few years yet so they can have some hets ready to 'back themselves up'

I reckon it will be a fairly uneventful as far as the authorities are concerned. I doubt their would be a raid or any please explain or prove this or that. Same with jags, if it wasn't caught in the act of being smuggled here even though every herper would know their origins, it would be too hard to prove in court.

I reckon it will be a fairly uneventful as far as the authorities are concerned. I doubt their would be a raid or any please explain or prove this or that. Same with jags, if it wasn't caught in the act of being smuggled here even though every herper would know their origins, it would be too hard to prove in court.

exactly right bushfire. i deal with the queensland EPA alot up here in regards with the queensland reptile expo and there is very little they could do unless they are caught in the act.if its an australian species and its made it back to australia ,it would be very hard to prove and lets face it, they aren't going to spend thousands of their limited funds doing dna tests trying to prove that someones aussie snake didn't come from australia.
they are only interested in nabbing true exotics which are easily recognisable and would be an open and shut case.
when i first started dealing with the EPA a few years ago ,i was surprised how little they know about the reptile pet trade and what goes on in regards to cross breeding ,taking from the wild, smuggling etc.they rely more on creditable people dobbing in others and having evidence to back it up before they do anything about it. the EPA bave bigger things on their plate to worry about.the reptile pet trade is only a tiny part of their job.
cheers
simon

I wonder if the ones who will claim to have 'aussie bred' BHP albinos will be willing to have a DNA test done on both the albino and normal looking parents ;)
Might be a few years yet so they can have some hets ready to 'back themselves up'
not if they have kept it underwraps and by the time it comes out of the wood works, the so called parents have "passed away". It's not hard to say you got it from breeder X who no longer has the parents as they've passed. That the problem with reptile paper books. you only need to state how many of each you have. Specific animals or the fact its albino do not need to be recorded. Pretty easy to fudge paper work for the sake of it if they wanted too. Would only take ~ 3 yearspaper trail......which if your serious enough to import an illegal snake and benefit from the 60K prices being thrown around.....is really a small amount of time.

I feel sorry for anyone that legitamately breeds anything out of the ordinary in this country, proving that you didn't smuggle it in would be a nightmare:shock:

Something to think about?????

Two things

Firstly, it is not impossible that keepers here in OZ cannot produce Albino's from normal looking BHP's, afterall, all BHP's originated from OZ, there could well be het's floating around long ago, i think the odds for this is something like 1 in 20,000 to 1 in 30,000, so don't for 1 minute doubt that it cannot happen without importing from overseas.

Secondly, IF the BHP's WERE smuggled back here to OZ, wouldn't the person or people taking those risks also of smuggled in Het's, or siblings or possible hets to help their cause??? I would think so.

Within our growing hobby, there is bound for Albino's of different species surely going to surface sooner or later.(aswell as those that have been crossed with Darwins)

I heard that Albino Mac's will be released this season, Price's around $7k for a het and $10K for Albino's???

Anyone going to release them want to start a thread about it???

they look pretty sick, hope they dont get smuggled in, would feel alot better if aus created these things in stead of "cheating". like in a test, cheating might get u sumwhere, but it doesn't feel right.

Will

but wasent the ORIGINAL bhp sumggled OUT of aus in the first place?
if so then they have cheated us

Well judging from a lot of posts in this thread, it is "the most widely known" secret around.... A mystery keeper who has told everyone in earshot (but keep it on the down-low....).

So albino olives pythons should be called white pythons? Your an idiot!! An albino form of something, is not a different species, it is a phentotype of that species.
I realise its not a different species,I suggest you keep the name calling to yourself..Sorry for having a opionion,i was just saying it sounds funny a albino black headed python.So next time if you havent got a sense of humour,Stay out of it....

with ya there 73 as i said it with tongue in cheek also lol, chillax joshin hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back