Albino Dragons - can they survive?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I’d like to know what people think about the potential/viability of Albino Bearded Dragons to survive to adulthood and feed independently.
From my experience, and from what I’ve read here on APS, they have been bred for several years now, by a few different people, however none have fed independently and they haven’t lasted more than a few months.

I'm pretty sure thiers albino adults out thier although dont hold me to it.

i didnt even kno they existed, does any one have any pics? im curious to see now lol

Albino Beardeds

I'd love to see these and didnt no that they existed as well.. Would love to try and breed them anybody got any pics?:rolleyes:

There's a pic of an albino central beardy hatchy in the Albino special of Reptiles Australia, but not sure that they'd survive to adulthood:?

None have survived as far as I know.
Splitmore was raising some hatchies for BigGuy a few years ago, maybe either of those members could fill you in.

They do exist, I`ve seen them in the flesh! :) Some one on here has them, hopefully he will be generous enough to answer your questions.

Bob Whitney commented in a thread during January that there are several adult albino bearded dragons floating around in different collections. He also has moved his entire line almost to someone else so best to leave him alone and not shoot him a million pm's.

Yes, albino dragons do survive.

Centrals and Pygmy ;)

same way Igs etc do. they require natural sun as our tub, and mvb form can play with there eyes with Uvc etc.

Weak rubbish from what i have heard, but i guess if breeding potentially harmful mutations into lizards just to have a freak is your thing, then go for it. i wonder if you can get scaleless albinos? how stuffed up would they be :? They would probably be quite trendy i guess.

They do exist, I`ve seen them in the flesh! :) Some one on here has them, hopefully he will be generous enough to answer your questions.

I know the babies exist. are you referring to adults?
Have you seen a healthy adult albino bearded dragon that doesn't need to be assist fed?

Gonzo,

As i posted earlier Bob has said albino adults exist and from what I gathered are healthy.

I've read a few comments about adult albinos existing, but have not seen any pics. There are pics of babies but none of the adults?

Yes, albino dragons do survive.

Centrals and Pygmy ;)

same way Igs etc do. they require natural sun as our tub, and mvb form can play with there eyes with Uvc etc.

Is that meant to be "tube"? I'd be interested to read more about this theory. Where does this information come from?

Is that meant to be "tube"? I'd be interested to read more about this theory. Where does this information come from?

Bob himself.

he's said they can have poor eye sight, and dont do well with bright artificial lighting. the assist feeding comments is due to this 'poor' eye sight.

I know the babies exist. are you referring to adults?
Have you seen a healthy adult albino bearded dragon that doesn't need to be assist fed?
No, I`ve seen problematic juvies a few months old :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back