Albino Dragons - can they survive?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
perfect example of the hype of albinos,i still dont get why folk would fork out ridiculous amounts of cash to buy things that arent as vigourous as normals,hell albinos dont like sunlight,it hurts there eyes,not te sort of trait id be breeding for personally,but each to there own

perfect example of the hype of albinos,i still dont get why folk would fork out ridiculous amounts of cash to buy things that arent as vigourous as normals,hell albinos dont like sunlight,it hurts there eyes,not te sort of trait id be breeding for personally,but each to there own

sunlight is fine. you've been watching too many movies. its the artificial uvb sources that are apparently the problem.

um,the sun has way higher uv than light bulbs,they have no pigment in there pink eyes,hence it hurts there eyes,ask gavin bedford re his albino olives,outdoors it hid its head in its coils as the sun was to strong for its eyes,he wrote an article stating it to

um,the sun has way higher uv than light bulbs,they have no pigment in there pink eyes,hence it hurts there eyes,ask gavin bedford re his albino olives,outdoors it hid its head in its coils as the sun was to strong for its eyes,he wrote an article stating it to

well, that may be the situation for albino olive pythons, but not for dragons. The sun is far brighter then our uv tubes. it also puts out far more Uva and Uvb rays to counterbalance Uvc output. this bright light restricts their pupals, thus letting in far less amounts of harmful uvc (which is what harms there eyes, not just the umbrella term 'sunlight')

snakes have very different eyes to bearded dragons. for one, they (Bd's) have eye lids, and rapid pupal restriction/dialation, and the capability to bask happily in bright lights for hours on end. on top of this, not all albino's have red or pink eyes. over 90% of Human Albino's have blue eyes. the sensitivity, or what i had thought was the lack of pigment around the eye, passes alot of the light onto the retina, which is why it 'hurts' or they have a high sensitivity. if the dragon can properly dialate his eyes (far better then you or i can) then he shouldnt (hypothetically) have any problems. and i guess this is proven by Bob and his dragons.

from what Ive been told from Bob, they did perfectly fine in the sun. so unless you have a few albino BEARDED DRAGONS up your sleeve, that dislike sunlight. lets leave it at personal experience from those that have it.

T- albinos are always going to have problems with their vision and the sun it's unavoidable.

Last edited by a moderator:
they can survive, lucky to live past a year in most cases. if they breed, your lucky, i doubt that happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back