Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen a Darwin that black & yellow. could it be a darwin/Jungle cross. Just to make things a bit worse?

It's probably a dumb female half of a herper, her partner has bought this white snake and she wants to tell everyone....probably the words jungle and darwin got mixed up. She does say they are going to breed it to a 'wildtype' jungle...I mean, who says that?? (who says that who knows what they are talking about anyway).

Thought the same thing when we saw the darwin het on herp trader, actually thought they might have uploaded the wrong pic...who knows, looks like a jungle to me.

-Naomi

peterjohnson64 said:
I haven't seen a Darwin that black & yellow. could it be a darwin/Jungle cross. Just to make things a bit worse?

That is just what some yearling darwins look like. A mate has one almost the same, by three years they colour up to be pretty normal looking.

re Albino

:roll: She tryed LOLz and got soughted out reall quick.

It could be that she also just wanted to try and impress some online herpers not realising that people actually new about Blondie all the way over in Australia. How could a thing like that happen..... Not with a thing call the internet and all :lol:

How STUPID

In Australia its a Darwin carpet, to the rest of the world its a carpet python. I saw a new guinea carpet two days ago and they look exactly like darwin carpets. Until there is a proper scientific DNA study to determine the difference between these carpets i will remain scheptical. You cant just assume an animal is different by the way that its Phenotype expresses itself! Get with that!

In Australia its a Darwin carpet, to the rest of the world its a carpet python. I saw a new guinea carpet two days ago and they look exactly like darwin carpets.

Yeah but I've seen a few GTP's from PNG that claim to be from Australia ...... Aren't they still a GTP??

But they clearly stated JUNGLE in that post, not just a carpet python.

The New Guinea carpets or Irian jaya's scientific name is also variegata just like our Darwins. I think they both once shared the name Harrisoni also. Leave it up to you to research why they share names & looks.

I doubt it will get nasty, unless someone mentions hybrids :)
The similarity between the Darwin and IJ carpets is obvious and sometimes startling.
I still can't work out where that girl got the albino Darwin confused with a Jungle ?

Hey krusty , you seem to have / make a comment on about 80 % of the topic's . Is it either you are bored and want to boost your post count by 25 a day or your just a friendly sort of guy whos wants to talk about everything ? :lol:

Just wandering what everyone's opinions are regarding hybrids, cats & GTP prices? Cheers.

Me too, we should start a bikini appreciation thread (with pics of course) :)

Looks like some0one has beat you krusty , a bit over 500 posts per month , damn thats about 17 a day , i wish i had that much to say about anything ! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back