albino slider and gator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit like a caiman.

"Brazil - Albino Yacare Caiman Babies
Two albino babies of the Yacare Caiman appear for their first time in public at the Sao Paulo Aquarium. They are nine months old, 44cm long and were put in quarantine before being shown. The two pictured are the only albinos from a total of 34 babies."

Brazil - Albino Yacare Caiman Babies - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis

hatchling albino gator and hatchling caiman notice the caiman has a shorter snout

The Albino caiman you put a photo of up isnt a hatchling.

I wish I could keep a pet alligator...

Maybe you could find one down in the creek if your lucky, i remember about a year ago a couple of guys found a croc when they were out bush but when they looked closer it was too dark to be a croc and turned out to be a gator, probably smuggled and escaped or dumped by the owners.

Last edited:
This is what an adult looks like, he was at a zoo in San Francisco.

Attachments

• P1010269.jpg
    P1010269.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 56
  • P1010270.jpg
    P1010270.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 56
If I found a small gator in the bush I'd be cheering. But then I wouldn't know where to keep it. I think people would mind if I kept it in the bathtub..
I'd have to keep it though because I wouldn't want it to be killed and I wouldn't want it destroying wildlife. :/
I can really empathise with some of these illegal animal keepers. America has no health insurance and lots of guns.. That's my excuse for not moving there to keep one.

If I found a small gator in the bush I'd be cheering. But then I wouldn't know where to keep it. I think people would mind if I kept it in the bathtub..
I'd have to keep it though because I wouldn't want it to be killed and I wouldn't want it destroying wildlife. :/
I can really empathise with some of these illegal animal keepers. America has no health insurance and lots of guns.. That's my excuse for not moving there to keep one.

America does have health insurance, it just doesn't have medicare

thats one nice looking turtle. Can you get tortoises in aus? I dont like turtles, but i love the was tortoises look :)
no, not legally

The word turtle and tortoise are used completely differently in America and Australia. In america tortoise means land dwelling, turtle water dwelling. In Australia tortoise means clawed feet, turtle means flippered feet.

So you can legally keep tortoises in Australia everyone just calls them turtles because it's a common name that gets corrupted the hell out of, in Australia it is Turtles that for the most part are not kept (Pig-noses being a bit of an exception).

There's also terrapins but not in Aus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back