albino tree skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scam7278

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
While i was at Mickously's place today checking out all his lizards, he noticed that he had baby tree skinks in one of his enclosures .so as he was removing the babies he lifted a piece of wood and got a great suprise a cute little albino baby :) it was so cute i couldnt resist and pulled out my phone and took some pics.
cheers
hobbo...................

Attachments

• 17112007916.jpg
    17112007916.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 17112007918.jpg
    17112007918.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 17112007919.jpg
    17112007919.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! thats cool hob, thanks for sharing. :D
So whats the go... Is there any other albino tree skinks in australia? And... did it just come from normal parents or were they known to be hets for albino or something???
I can never get my head around how a albino can just pop up in a clutch.... if there is a easy way to explain it, please someone explain....

Once again... nice one hobbo!!! Ya should get Mickously to send you the pics by email and you post em :p

Bill.

albinism can just happen in one of a clutch though its a 1:40000 chance. the parents don't have to be hets to produce an albino. I think hes got the only one in captivity so it would be worth what ever someone is willing to pay.

also,
nice looking skink

Last edited:
better keep that to another thread as i dont want this thread closed aswell :)

cheers
hobbo :)

do a search, you will find it somewhere
has an albino line already been bred?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to ask if he is going to breed it but i see it's for sale on another site. :)

Wow that's awesome:)

If anyone knows where it's for sale can they P.M. me the details please.

Don't post them here

Ben

Cool :) There's an entry up in Link Master about it, including the address of the ad :)

Congratulations to the owner on getting such a special little baby, how lucky!

It's great to see an albino Tree Skink, this is a heavily poached and currently rarely (genuinely) bred species. The existance of an albino will make people less interested in poached animals as they'll want either an albino or hets (so that when they breed theirs, some of the babies will be albino, something a bit different). This special little critter should eventually lead to a reduction in poaching! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back