almost finished DIY enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan-gibson

Reaction score
This is an enclosure i built for my MD and have nearly finished it just needs a few minor touchups and for the heating and lighting to be put it.

the dimensions are 1L .6D .5H, for heating i was going to go with a ceramic heat emitter and for lighting i am still unsure, i would love to hear any input on the subject and anything you would like to say or ask is very welcome

Attachments

• P1160520.jpg
    P1160520.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 197
  • P1160519.jpg
    P1160519.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 217
  • P1160518.jpg
    P1160518.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 192
Looks good! I suck at making things otherwise I would have every wall full of enclosures , lol

nice looking enclosure. my MD has a proherp 80w heat panel with a pulsepropotional thermostat. works really well and the heat panel has a 10 year warranty.

Looks good! I suck at making things otherwise I would have every wall full of enclosures , lol

ha ha well i started making this probably about 6 months ago so its not like i will ether

nice looking enclosure. my MD has a proherp 80w heat panel with a pulsepropotional thermostat. works really well and the heat panel has a 10 year warranty.

looks perfect for the enclosure, i was wanting something that wouldn't take up so much hight, might have to cut back my spending if im go to buy it though

yeh they are a bit pricey but think of it this way. with a ten year warranty imagine how many globes you would normally go through in that time.

yea i think i will end up getting one, although it will be a bit hard to fork out that much especially when i dont earn very much and havent even had work for 2 weeks :S
anyways what would you sugest for lighting?

cause it doesnt need uv, you could just use like an LED strip off of ebay. heaps cheap, last forever and produce no heat so you dont need to put a heat cage around it.

hey, i just thought i would post an update on my enclosure, its taken a while but its almost done, installed a light, thermostat and 80w proherp heat pannel

Attachments

• P1160588.jpg
    P1160588.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 95
  • P1160585.jpg
    P1160585.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 95
  • P1160584.jpg
    P1160584.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 100
looks really good. i have to get round to building some new enclosures and get rid of the boring old heavy melamine.

what material is that? ply?

Looks awesome man. Those cheap thermos look really nice when they're installed like that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back