Alpine and eastern pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi there,heres a few pics of the alpines and easterns i took today in the enclosures,the male alpine is the one with the large head i keep separated,the big alpine is a female,the easterns are about three year old . Cheers

re Alpine

Hi RF,few of the alpines are gravid should have young anyday now,sometimes they have good litters and sometimes just a few young,maybe some easterns.

re Alpines

Thanks for the positive comments ,heres a few pics i just took of the smallest female in size,its getting old now and has bred three years in a row,the last year she onley had a few young that i could find,looking fat now in shed before giving birth. This one gave birth a couple of years back when serpentongue visited,one of my favourite lizards.

They're looking good mate!

Here's a couple of pics from this morning of the two I got from you, they're coming along nicely.
One has really bright peach pink blotches, the other is a bit duller (not coming up to slough, always looks like it though), but still nice.
100_1716.jpg

100_1715.jpg

re Alpine

Hi tonksky,they grow fast,the one in the two bottom pics i posted is from the same litter as yours,the second last pic also shows how wide the head can be in the males,hes sought of all head for biting females and legs for chasing them,doesnt have a really big body, Theres a young female that i kept from the litter also,not as bright as the male but getting huge.

They sure do grow quick! Although that one you said is a sibling looks a little bigger again than mine. They do love their food, I'm sure they'd eat every day if I actually fed them that often......

re Alpine

The male is the one that was in shed when you got yours tonk,hes not actually bigger than yours,just looks like it ,hes the last two pictures and i should of got a full body shot i suppose as it helps people with sexing.

Zulu,

Are they in outside pits. Any pics of the outside pits.

Pines

Nice bluetongues Zulu, how long after the pre-birth shed do they usually give birth?

I've attached a photo of my two alpines, not sure if the one in the foreground is gravid or just a tank! LOL

Attachments

• Alpines.JPG
    Alpines.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 66
re Alpines

Zulu,

Are they in outside pits. Any pics of the outside pits.

Pines

Hi Pines,i dont keep them in pits because of drainage.theres a main cage thats 6 x 2 Ms and 2 third roofed,the wire goes down to the ground so water runs straight through it and the ground is built up,theres also an aviary thats divided in three built up on a brick base and filled with dirt and clay.
tn__C304454.jpg

tn__C304429.jpg

tn__C304428.jpg

re Alpines

Nice bluetongues Zulu, how long after the pre-birth shed do they usually give birth?

I've attached a photo of my two alpines, not sure if the one in the foreground is gravid or just a tank! LOL

Look excellent jimmy,yeh the one in front looks like its travelling alright.

re Alpine

Few little ones born today,W3apon the experienced lizard wrangler and thrill seeker demonstrates his handling prowess while visiting the tribe today. :)
tn__1024479.jpg

tn__1024477.jpg

HAHA Col them little buggers. There so nice if only i had space for them i would buy some off you. They bite pretty hard for there size.

re Alpine

Yeh they are cute little lizards,thats just what i could see in the enclosure today,one was sunning near a female and the other was under cover.

nice one col,i have to wait 3 months still,your off to a good start,weapon,one of my worst bites from a lizard came from a new born lowlands blotch,it was the runt of the litter,it latched on to my little fi
nger,didnt let go for ages,well over 10 mins,everything we tried just made it clamp harder,including submerging hand under water,lol,ive been nipped by lacies,even copped a good bite from a large male watery,both drew blood but i tells ya,i still remember the lil blotchie latching on,lol,fiesty lil beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back