Alpine and eastern pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Alpine

Hi Richard,ime thinking the worst bite ive had was from a male storrs that grabbed and would not let go,then trys to roll,cant imagine a lace monitor bite,got a bite from an adult blotchy that hung on that was pretty bad one time.

Yeah richardsc i was suprise how hard they could bite for there size. They didnt bite for long so it didnt hurt I wouldnt want to get biten by a larger one i would rather get biten by my pythons haha.

most of the time blueys just give a warning nip,part of there threat bluff i guess if just open mouth hissing doesnt work,lol,thankfully the couple of lacie nips ive copt were food related,she used to leap at me at feed time,land on my leg to try get to the food before i put it down,must have had something on my leg as twice she decided it was worthy of tasting,lol,i barely felt it,but had deep ish cuts from the very front teeth,then sort of felt it after like 5 mins later,i had a feisty female storrs that used to give good nips when u handled her,they can give a good bite cant they,lol

col its amazing the color change in your lil blotchies as they grow,there very dark as babies and the yellow is pale,but soon they brighten right up,my northern vic alpines do the oppasite i think,brighter when younger then dull a tad,though mine seem to throw out the odd really bright one,a few are real orangey so will be interesting to see if they hold that into adult hood

re Alpine

Yeh they are hard to pick as babys colourwise richard,most of the time you can get some indication from birth,some get brighter and some duller,remember going through babys trying to pick some good ones to rear up a long time back,ones i selected turned out a bit ordinary i thought and ones my mate kept ended up dazzling adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back