Aluminium tape?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakelove

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What other tape can I use instead of aluminium to cover the heat cord and help it disperse the heat? I tried looking for it in bunnings but they didn't have any? any suggestions?

i got aluminium tape from bunnings, its waterproof also so maybe asking for waterproof tape might help?? its super expensive though and i found it too thick and the heat cord struggled to heat through it. i am considering using bits of gaffer tape instead just to hold it inplace.

i got aluminium tape from bunnings, its waterproof also so maybe asking for waterproof tape might help?? its super expensive though and i found it too thick and the heat cord struggled to heat through it. i am considering using bits of gaffer tape instead just to hold it inplace.
oh okay. i thought it was gonna be good. what about duct tape? or is that a bad idea?

oh okay. i thought it was gonna be good. what about duct tape? or is that a bad idea?

im not certain, gaffer tape sounds like itd be fine, only thing i could see wrong with either duct or gaffer tape is fumes when the glue is heated. in saying that ive used duct tape many times before and it was fine. so you should be ok

with the aluminium tape, i may have bought the wrong/more heavy duty type.. because ive read about ALOT of people using it and reccomending it.

im not certain, gaffer tape sounds like itd be fine, only thing i could see wrong with either duct or gaffer tape is fumes when the glue is heated. in saying that ive used duct tape many times before and it was fine. so you should be ok

with the aluminium tape, i may have bought the wrong/more heavy duty type.. because ive read about ALOT of people using it and reccomending it.
lol yeah a lot of racks i see on here are using aluminium tape so i thought id go around looking for it but i couldn't find any. lol

The reason I used cloth tape was because it "will stay stuck" until 60 degrees cel. It was only like $4 for a 20 metre roll and is quite wide.

The reason I used cloth tape was because it "will stay stuck" until 60 degrees cel. It was only like $4 for a 20 metre roll and is quite wide.
Yeah I think cloth tape sounds good. as long as it's not dangerous or anything.

I use it on my incubator and hatchie rack. I asked for aircon/refridgeration tape at bunnings. I remember that it wasn't kept near all the other tapes. It works a treat.

I use it on my incubator and hatchie rack. I asked for aircon/refridgeration tape at bunnings. I remember that it wasn't kept near all the other tapes. It works a treat.
Is this the aluminium tape?

Yes snakelove. It was either in the plumbing section or the insulation section.

soldertech have a aluminium type tape that would be good, we use it for roofing and it can with stand extream heat.

soldertech have a aluminium type tape that would be good, we use it for roofing and it can with stand extream heat.
Soldertech a brand or a place like bunnings? lol we don't have soldertech here i think.

place, its a wholesale and tradies sort of deal but i think they deal with the public aswell.

we use aluminium tape a fair bit at work . the tape we use is rated to 120c and is very thin looking .
i have used some to cover wires in my old car [ as they were next to the turbo] it worked a treat .

i might even have a part of a roll in the shed ..

we use aluminium tape a fair bit at work . the tape we use is rated to 120c and is very thin looking .
i have used some to cover wires in my old car [ as they were next to the turbo] it worked a treat .

i might even have a part of a roll in the shed ..
So theres different thicknesses?

Jaycar has the aluminium tape you're looking for. It is used in air conditioners. $25 a roll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back