amyae hatching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
firstly, im a gecko nanna, its my first time, lol,...!! :)

firstbaby.jpg

now the second egg hasnt hatched yet, its dinted really badly, (it dinted a few days before christmas) i started to cut around the rigde the dint formed since i figured that would be the place id be least likely to hurt anything, but teh inside gunk is a very similar consistency to the gunk the other one left in its egg, so after cutting half way around and trying unsuccessfully to lift the lid i stopped and put it back in the tub. (i dont think i damaged anything, i was very gentle)

heres a pic of the other egg (before cutting, the cut isnt noticeable)...i do think theres something in it since all the inside gunk is the same,...

do geckos normally hatch around the same time or days apart?

Attachments

• dinted egg.jpg
    dinted egg.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 115
gorgeous. It can vary. But usually they hatch at the same time. Just hang in there and see you go. Maybe some1 else can ofter some advice.

congrats :) Amyae are on my to get list, they are such a bizarre looking geck. How big are the bubs?

thanks grogshla, patience isnt one of my strong points, but i'll try!! :p

bub is a bit over 2cms long, i'll give in another hour of peace since i just disturbed it to get that pic, next pic wil be next to a 5 cent coin. :)

highy recommended geckos Hornet, awesome to watch them hunt etc, hardly flighty at all, and absolutely gorgeous!! :p

thanks grogshla, patience isnt one of my strong points, but i'll try!! :p

bub is a bit over 2cms long, i'll give in another hour of peace since i just disturbed it to get that pic, next pic wil be next to a 5 cent coin. :)

highy recommended geckos Hornet, awesome to watch them hunt etc, hardly flighty at all, and absolutely gorgeous!! :p

i've kept a couple of smaller gecko's in the past, would love to get one of these big brutes someday, luckily the prices are down alot to what they were a couple of years ago making them more affordable to people like myself

lol, prices are definately much better this year!!

heres mum, looking a bit grumpy at being woken up ahha!

Attachments

• mum.jpg
    mum.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 111
thanks Bkevo, ill be even more excited when the next one (hopefully) pops its head out!!! :p

nice one Chris

the second egg normally takes an extra 2-4 days to hatch. They all seem to do this, maybe its a survival thing so the two siblings have enough time to disperse and not compete.

awesome, thanks Steve! :)

hopefuly the cutting didnt bother it then, at least it will an easy escape hole!!

Big congrats Nana! It is so TINY! I'm glad you posted photos, as I couldn't really see it on my mobile phone screen. The parents are awesome animals - they look like some sort of weird sci fi creations, but are great to handle. I hope the next one pops out soon. We look forward to more photos.

thanks Susan!! :p
yeah, the pic i sent to ur moby was hard to see, it blended so well with the vermiculite i wouldnt have noticed it if it hadnt dragged its egg to a different spot!!

its such an active little thing, heres a new pic! :p
(couldnt get in closer with my crappy camera without blowing all the colour out,....)

Attachments

• amyaebaby.jpg
    amyaebaby.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 97
may i ask why do you have greens in the tub with him?

Was going to ask the same thing along with why the tub is damp.

the greens are for the 2 tiny crickets i figure wont get eaten till hes finished absorbing his eggy goodness,..

i read that for 24 hours they shoud be kept on damp paper towel so teh umbilical cord heals better instead of drying out,....or something, is that not necessary?
(remember its my first time, im open to all advice,...) :p

oh, and any more thoughts on the egg i posted in my first post?
its the egg in the middle, the one that hatched got dragged to the side,...

nothing has changed with it since this morning,...should i do anything?

We love the new photo. Family says "awwwww" so tiny and cute! I hope the other comes out okay. It definitely had a good vessel last week when we candled it, so give it until the end of next week at least.

hiya everyone im annewbie as my name says lol my daughter is keen as mustard to get a simpson python but i think there r so many other beauitiful coloured snakes out there im in mandurah anyone got any ideas on were to grab a bargain price some people charge high prices and some dont im new so id love some finger pointing direction ;)

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 04:31 PM ----------

oops sorry bout the spelling will spell check first next time lol

i would be taking the crickets out of the container while it is absorbing its yolk otherwise you may find your amyae with bite marks from the crickets

I wouldn't be leaving the crickets in the hatchy as the will bite the hatchy and put them off food all together. I have never heard of having the tub that moist to heal the umbilical cord. I usually put them on dry sand and offer food 4-5 days after them hatching. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back