another heat question..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellie

Reaction score
Hi,

A question on heating...I'm kind of nervous about leaving my basking lamp on all day while I'm at school. I'm hopefully getting two pygmy beardies and I didn't want it to overheat in the enclosure, or worse, the house going up in flames (it could happen haha). The globe is a 50watt globe...I'm not sure if that's useful at all, but thought I should throw it in there.

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a timer or thermostat or any sort of advice really on what I should do.

Thanks a lot

Interestingly tonight I was looking at the spontaneous combustion temps for certain things.
Of interest was the temp for paper, it is about 232C so I figure that you are safe leaving your 50 watt bulb on all day.
I would doubt that the hottest part of a 50 watt bulb would exceed 100 or 120C

that's slightly reassuring. I always tend to think the worst with these things haha...any other advice would be great too

There is always a risk leaving lamps on when your not home or when you are sleeping. Fact is your beardies need the heat and light during the day. There is things you can do to ensure that A) your beardies don't overheat and B) your house does not burn down. These incluse get a good thermostat and have an electrcian install and test your wiring. This might give you some peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back