Another incubation Q by Gordo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
Last friday my Bredli layed a large clutch for me, approx 35 eggs. When i removed the clump i noticed that there were four slugs aswell, so i removed them. I also noticed htat one egg was slightly dippled, which i left with the clump. So now i have around 30 eggs in my incubator all in a big clump.

Another local breeder who i talk to everynow and then told me that generally when you get slugs more of your healthy looking eggs will turn out to be infertile. Freaking out about this i candled all of the eggs that i could and i noticed that not all of them have as heavy weining as some. Infact some hardly have any veins at all. Are these eggs infertile? And what should i do about it, do they need to be separated and the infertile eggs discarded?

Thanks in advance.

na, thats not true, the odd clutch where ive had a couple of slugs, its rare if all the rest dont hatch.

Infertile eggs don't harm fertile eggs, leave em there til ur sure. Just keep in mind that in the wild it happens lyk this, and the snakes seem to manage fine :)

Any veins at all means it's fertile. You might just be shining the light through a diferent part of the egg, the veins seem to be heavier in certain parts.

Well when i say veins, in a 'good' egg there are so many that the egg when candled is bright reddy pink, and the others that don't have as much are more yellow with a tiny strip that i think could be veins. I'll see if i can get pics of it tonight when it's dark and show what i'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back