Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitten_pheonix

Reaction score
Hi im from newcastle and am curerently awaiting my licence so i can finally own a snake, ive been looking into it for about 3 years and have finally decided to take the plunge.
I fell in love with snakes during one of my animal care classes when i had a 3m long olive python and im long diamond python sitting on me for the entire lesson they are gorgous creatures.
I am hoping to get a Bredli Python as i love the colours on them,
Would anyone suggest the best size enclosure for 1 of them? and i might be getting a pair so would they need seperate tanks or could they go in the one if so how large would it need to be. thats the only thing im unsure of at the moment

hi and welcome to aps

i have bredli which are 2 years old and are in 1200x600x600 enclosures at the moment and are ready for the bigger home.
like all snakes yopu dont want to big of an enclosure when they are small or they can freak out usually a 30L tub will do for the first 3-6 months then up to a small enclosure around 900x600x600 and from there you can go to a 1200 or 1800x1200 or something along the lines as they do like to climb.
i hope this helps

hi thanks that does help i have been considering turning my bookcase into there cabnit so i can always make it taller just by taking out a shelf as they grow so they have more room to move . but the final design hasnt been decided yet, but thank you know i have an approximate idea for the enclosure. do you keep yours in the same cage?

089.jpg
104.jpg
103.jpg
Hi there kitten,Welcome 2 APS lve got 4 bredli myself & can l just say great 1st pick as thay r good pythons 2 start with.
l keep my males in there own enclosures but my yearling females live together without any problems just have 2 seperate
them at feeding time.

That sounds like fun :) andrew, and from the looks of it i will hopefully be able to get them by the weekend in time for my 21st

well i managed to get my lil babie befor my 21 st the great lil snappy things espesially the girl, havent had them a week and i want more already there brilliant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back