Antaresia perthensis...basic info?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mork

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of hobby information of these tiny pythons. I gather their husbandry is similar to the other children's complex pythons..is this correct?

Are they common, rare, very rare etc in the hobby in Aus?

How much do they go for (so i can start saving)?

Would be interested in peoples experiences with this snake aswell.

TIA

Basic husbandry is identical....it's feeding the hatchlings that can be difficult, you need pinky drum sticks rather than a whole pinky. Otherwise they are no different to any other Antaresia.

They are available...but you have to know the right people, they are almost never publicly advertised for a variety of reasons. They are often traded under the childreni code. The cost is also somewhat unknown...it would be around $750 - $1000, give or take.

Cool animals no doubt...but to be realistic you might be better off focusing on some of the other Antaresia morphs or localities (blondes, caramel, patternless, wheatbelts, etc) which are commonly available and reasonably priced.

i have been into snakes for aout 6 years and i havent come across 1 yet but would love to get a couple.If you do come across some could you please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back