ants and snakes????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami86

Reaction score
Hi i'm a new snake owner and have had my spotted python for about three months. I had a proffessional breeder check that my enclosure was correctly set up and have had no problems getting him to feed although lately i have noticed an riduculous amount of ants all through my house i have lived here for 2 years and have never had an ant problem before i clean his enclousre regularily as well as my house. Is the ant problem related to us getting a snake or a coincidence??? and how can i get rid of them without harming him?????
Thanks
Sami

surface spray in on the floor mate in the corners and around windows and door ways,

i a bad ant problem with my woodies / crix breeding tubs,

put surface spray around the door way and the window an now no more ants,

avoid spraying close to enclosure incase of losse spray making its way into the enclosure.

It's a coincidence mate. It's the time of year to see a spike in ant numbers. Everywhere I've lived in Oz has had the same thing happen, with or without snakes present.

if the ants are coming in then your in for alot of rain very soon, being summer its on the cards
dont use insecticides near your reptiles, very important.
if your snake gets on the floor and gets some on it, you will kick your own head in.

Definately a coincidence.... as coz666 said its coming into rain and that is why the ant are coming inside.

Search for where they are comming in and spray a small amount of surface there.
Then look for where they are comming from and sprinkle ant sand around the site.
Job Done.

I have the same problem. Except the ants stalk my crickets eggs, and any leftover fruit and veg that's in the dragon enclosure. I use ant sand around the door and window in the room, and I'm going to get pest strips for at the top of the window (where they can still get in).

Make sure that you always dispose of leftovers and rubbish, that will attract them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back