Any Lucid Dreamers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I've been researching this for a little while now because it seemed like a really interesting thing to experience. I think I just have gotten to the point where I am starting to become aware in my dreams. The problem with this though is that I keep waking myself up as soon as I realise what's going on. So on some nights I end up having quite poor sleep because I've been waking up ever couple of hours. I was just wondering if there are any experienced people out there and if this is just a normal phase in the learning process?

It is really interesting Sax.
I was the same on the rare occasion that i would know i was dreaming i would wake up. On the rare occasion when having nightmares i have been frantically trying to pry my eyes open in my dreams to make myself wake up. Sounds weird i know but i have very intense and epic dreams most nights.

It's not something that's taught nor learned, it just happens. Some dreams can be such that one even wakes up feeling the emotion felt in the dream, and feeling that way most of the following day.

I'm not sure that it's something that can't be learned. I have gone from sleeping and dreaming like a "normal" person to the point I am at now just a few weeks after deciding to try it

I thought dreams were a way of processing the things you have recently experienced and filling them like pics in a folder. The most lucid dreams I have are usually when I have woken at the end of a nights sleep and then grab another half hour or so. I have had dreams when in bad depression where I have woken up crying as was in dream. And yes the dreams when things happen you would not usually do in life can have a emotional effect on me apon waking and leave you feeling emo about it for a while. I went through a bad stage once for about 6 months that when I was about to slip into alseep I felt like the surface I was laying on just disappeared and I was falling and my arms would stretch out to catch myself. Also have found when things in life are not the best more lucid dreams are had.

mainly right at the end of 8hrs sleep i start to have this awesome dream then i wake myself up and cant sleep

Alot of native people practice this technique whilst they are awake. If you look up some stuff on Native American's have a look at how they practice "sacred silence" which is pretty much the ability to drop into 'delta" brain mode whilst awake.

An example would be say you are sitting down the bush or somewhere and your mind has drifted off and you're thinking of nothing ( or not really thinking of your surroundings) and nature continues on around you like you are not even there ie birds landing right near you unaware of your presence, animals nearly bumping into you, etc etc you have entered the sacred silence. Then when you snap back into "reality" all the animals become aware of your presence and usually take off. They have mastered the abilty (especially grandfather stalking wolf and Tom brown ) to drop into this state very readily. Grandfather when he was a kid used to practice it and had the ability to sneak up behind wolves ( hence the name) and tap them on the tail without them even being aware of him until he grabbed the tail.

A little off topic lol but can be relevant.

I'm not sure that it's something that can't be learned. I have gone from sleeping and dreaming like a "normal" person to the point I am at now just a few weeks after deciding to try it
I believe it can be learned, I can wake up from a dream/nightmare and then if I choose(most times)take up where I left off. I also dream in colour most of the time, I have dabbled in few ways of dreaming. I also noticed that I seem to be "looking"from the outside "in" iykwim when I first started noticing and wanting more of these experiences(lets face it some dreams are wild LOL) Saximus the more you open up and are receptive to it the better you get(practice makes perfect) I know there will be people that will ridicule my words, however these are my experiences and I have chosen to share them as support to the topic.
I will try and find the book I once read on dreams and dreaming, it was a long time ago and I forget the title etc(I think I still have it somewhere)
Just be aware that sometimes your subconcious will sabotage what you are trying to achieve(unwittingly, just in anticipation or excitement)
Kind regards
Crystal

Alot of native people practice this technique whilst they are awake. If you look up some stuff on Native American's have a look at how they practice "sacred silence" which is pretty much the ability to drop into 'delta" brain mode whilst awake.

An example would be say you are sitting down the bush or somewhere and your mind has drifted off and you're thinking of nothing ( or not really thinking of your surroundings) and nature continues on around you like you are not even there ie birds landing right near you unaware of your presence, animals nearly bumping into you, etc etc you have entered the sacred silence. Then when you snap back into "reality" all the animals become aware of your presence and usually take off. They have mastered the abilty (especially grandfather stalking wolf and Tom brown ) to drop into this state very readily. Grandfather when he was a kid used to practice it and had the ability to sneak up behind wolves ( hence the name) and tap them on the tail without them even being aware of him until he grabbed the tail.

A little off topic lol but can be relevant.
not quite off topic :) this is brilliant, I was afraid of being a thread highjacker LOL...but what you have posted is a fantastic example of helping train your mind(disciplin)and direct it.... I believe the Native American Shaman's are second to none in this area.......

Last edited:
I had a dream this morning that I drowned in a sinking car....interesting! :lol: I've since Googled how to escape a sinking car....I'm feeling I'm equipped to handle the situation now :D

lol Moose if you hone your skills you should be able to make the car turn into a space ship and fly yourself out of trouble ;)

I used to dream that I was falling off a cliff, and I would jump which would wake me up. One morning I had the dream, jumped, and fell out of bed... not exactly a cliff :)

not quite off topic :) this is brilliant, I was afraid of being a thread highjacker LOL...but what you have posted is a fantastic example of helping train your mind(disciplin)and direct it.... I believe the Native American Shaman's are second to none in this area.......

Thanks lol. A guy at work does all the sweatlodges etc and after reading books he brings etc it has rubbed off a little one me. :)
Another good example would be where Yogi's etc can slow their breathing/heartbeat down. It is using a similar concept. It is in this state of mind, delta brain wave (there a four brain stages), that you get the feeling of falling, floating, dead relatives talking to you etc etc).

A mate at schools dad ( Aboriginal guy ) said that it is now we are dreaming but it is in your dreams when you are truly alive.

If anyone is super interested, Universities with a psychology department likely have "sleep clinic"
My University from last year did, and it was only a small place.
We learnt a lot about dreams and the different schools way of interpreting them. I didn't much listen to it honestly (not my cup of tea, hence I left the degree!)
but it really would be beneficial to contact one :) BELIEVE ME, they're WAY MORE than happy to talk about it!

I once had a strange kind of forethought or preminision i guess when I was 15. I was in the car with my Dad going to a mowing job and I have kind of dozed off and I was dreaming of this cave and I was walking through it. I came across this witch who was cooking something in a cauldron, then she saw me and pointed at me. She was just starting to scream and right then my Dad had grabbed my knee and gone AHHHHHHH (like you would expect a witch would).

Either it was a preminision in a dream form, or my dream played out instantly but in slow motion relative to the real world time line and it was a matter of milliseconds that I was dreaming for.

It is things like that that amaze me :D

You can absolutely teach yourself lucid dreaming. I was quite proficient at it when I was much younger with a whole lot less crap in my head. There are quite a few books available on the subject, I learnt from a bokk simply called "Lucid Dreaming" though I could not tell you much more than that. I still have them from time to time, best sleep you'll ever have!

SW did you ever go through the phase that I seem to be at? I don't really want to be waking up every couple of hours any more

i have been doing lots of research and trying, and i seem to be remembering my dreams more clearly and at times seem close to becoming lucid but then become too aware and wake up. Im a sleepwalker (when sick) so thought this would be cool to master as i read somewhere that sleepwalkers can sometimes achieve it more easily. no luck so far though

sometimes i wake up and feel like im paralysed and cant move but have a feeling of fear and pressure coming down on my body. its creepy. a friend once told me that it was something to do with lucid dreaming. yet i have alot of nightmares and very real dreams so i dont think it is.

along with that im not able to vocalise at all i can try to scream but nothing comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back