Anyone good with Chickens? Need ID!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreliaMatt

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day everyone!

Some of you might remember my chickens!!! well they are getting older now, so i thought i'd post some more pics for people to try to guess what breed they are and what gender?

they are approximately 2 months old.....

we have 3, and this is a pic of each of them! thanks!!

WhatAreWe01.jpg

WhatAreWe02.jpg

WhatAreWe03.jpg

Matt, i dont think they are meat chickens.... they are not big and heavy enough for their age!

im tossing up between "White Rocks" and "White Leghorns"

Looks like a leghorn to me. Nice chickens that lay good sized white eggs. We had one that died recently which was our favourite chicken. Her name was Ripley (from the TV show of the name) and she was a great chicken :)

They're gorgeous! I love chickens (not to eat).

Going from memory, they look to be white leghorns...

Talking about chickens and eggs. Here's a photo of a monster egg one of our Isa Browns layed. The egg on the left is about 55 grams, the monster was nearly 160 grams (from memory). It had two monster yolks inside and tasted beautiful. I'm getting hungry now - I'm going to make a bacon and egg sandwich :)
100_0459.jpg

Cute chickens, I think you should name one of them Foghorn Leghorn 8)

judging by the middle picture i think your dog thinks they are meat chickens lol

White leghorns (pretty sure) and all female. 100% sure you would have been able to tell a make by that age, you can tell from a lot earlier than that. Look at their legs (as young ones) do they have the start of spurs? Look at their comb, is it bigger? Have they had a few strangled attempts at crowing?

Yours are most definitely female. You would have heard them crowing by now if they were males.

nice boxer mat i used to have one he was awsome, so energetic as pups. i could never get mine to be so close to the chooks as that though

One's a Kentucky Fried type I'm sure of that - no wait, it actually is a chicken... Oh well, can't be right all the time!

I'm going to throw Bantam in there - even though I haven't a clue what they look like!

A bantam = miniature chook. We have a bantam white leghorn at home. Looks like a regular white leghorn has been shrunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back