Anyone good with Chickens? Need ID!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a chinese silky:)Am I right? Only the cutest chicken breed ever:D

could be got it of the net the bantums we use to breed had really fluffy heads and blue bits on their faces

White leghorns (pretty sure) and all female. 100% sure you would have been able to tell a make by that age, you can tell from a lot earlier than that. Look at their legs (as young ones) do they have the start of spurs? Look at their comb, is it bigger? Have they had a few strangled attempts at crowing?

Yours are most definitely female. You would have heard them crowing by now if they were males.

Larger breeds won't mature and start crowing until about 6 months.

looks like a silky cross............ we have some that look exactly like that there meat chooks but diffrent colours

Not sure of the breed, but definitely female. You can tell by their heads. If you have them for layers, you should try the isa browns. We had six of them, and we were getting 10-12 eggs a day!!!
We only just got rid of them... my hubby got a pigging dog and they weren't a good mix. :( needless to say, we only gave 5 to our friends.

yep the white fluffy ones are silkies, i had a bantam chinese silky called sunny that was part of the family for about 12 years until she developed throat cancer and we had to have her put down :(

had another bantam pekin called monty who was toilet trained and loved hugs, she'd come and stand next to your feet until you picked her up and carried her round. she fell off something or flew into the fence one day or something while we were out and hurt her spinal cord but ($400 of vets bills later) she was all better but walked with a wiggle - very cute!

chooks are the best pets EVER! just as good as herps i reckon ;) don't kill me for saying that ppl

yep the white fluffy ones are silkies, i had a bantam chinese silky called sunny that was part of the family for about 12 years until she developed throat cancer and we had to have her put down :(

had another bantam pekin called monty who was toilet trained and loved hugs, she'd come and stand next to your feet until you picked her up and carried her round. she fell off something or flew into the fence one day or something while we were out and hurt her spinal cord but ($400 of vets bills later) she was all better but walked with a wiggle - very cute!

chooks are the best pets EVER! just as good as herps i reckon ;) don't kill me for saying that ppl

I used to have a pair of buff pekins. The rooster had so much personality - he thought he was top s%$t.

When I move out countryish, I'm going to keep Leghorns. They're my favourite breed. I would've said meat chickens at first glance, but it depends how old they are!

White leghorns (pretty sure) and all female. 100% sure you would have been able to tell a make by that age, you can tell from a lot earlier than that. Look at their legs (as young ones) do they have the start of spurs? Look at their comb, is it bigger? Have they had a few strangled attempts at crowing?

Yours are most definitely female. You would have heard them crowing by now if they were males.

How's the Hens going Matt? ;)

Matt thinks they are roosters!!! apparently they have started crowing! heheehehehehehe

Hens! LOL!!!

they are all roosters.... they have been crowing in the last week and this morning they were all crowing at 5am and going hammer and tongs at each other!!! fighting like crazy for dominance! they all had crazy blood all over their faces, thats how big the dominance fights were!

they have been bundled up into cat carriers now and are sitting in the carport seperated.... im dropping them off to a lady tonight that has a home for the 3 of them... glad theyre going to a place that they wont get slaughtered!!!

heres a pic of the aftermath of this mornings tangent....

Attachments

• roo 01 small.jpg
    roo 01 small.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 32
Can anyone help me out here, what sort of chook is this?

Attachments

• anna-chook.jpg
    anna-chook.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back