Anyone have any ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harlemrain

Reaction score
Hi so I've had my coastal carpet python since April, he's 10 months old now and I've never had any troubles with him, never bitten great feeder and great to handle but just lately whenever I get him out to handle he freaks out. He doesn't get aggressive but he tries to get away and it takes a good five mins for him to calm down and act normal, should I be worried or is this normal?

Hi so I've had my coastal carpet python since April, he's 10 months old now and I've never had any troubles with him, never bitten great feeder and great to handle but just lately whenever I get him out to handle he freaks out. He doesn't get aggressive but he tries to get away and it takes a good five mins for him to calm down and act normal, should I be worried or is this normal?

yeah to me i think its normal my coastal used to do that especially if i had'nt handled her in awhile or if used strong smellin soap or somethin on my hands but eventually she got used to it also try to support the snakes body using two hands they seem more comfortable when they have some support and balance
hope this helps..

my darwin carpet does that for only a minute though it think its just a burst of energy where they just want to roam

Okay thanks :) I thought it wouldn't be anything to worry about but seeing as its only something he started recently I wanted to ask people with a bit more experience :) thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back