Anyone Want Exotics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ragin is gullible or maybe everyone else is naive to think that it isn't happening.
Just a thought :)

When u say he had them for sale last year........... were they the SAME ones? ;)

As far as exotics go, even having a exhibitors licence or a park or zoo in NSW its not as simple as that. Even zoos have to jump through hoops to get exotics. They not only have to meet all legislation requirements, but also need to meet the approval of other government and zoological departments.
Anyone thinking they can have exotics as pets by simply getting a exhibitors permit needs to realise that its not that simple, the DPI is cutting down on exhibitors and issueing of licenses, along with that theres a number of shows that you need to perform in accordance to the licence and they have to meet a saticfactory standard of education and conservation format. Then theres public liability insureance, Theres specific standards for how the exotics must be kept and so on and so on.
If someone is simply selling these things its clear that somethings dirty.

Its Ok Becs I dont need one....lol

Old Beard we know very well it happens. We just dont believe that the person selling them in this case is legit person with appropriate licences. we are talking about petlink ads after all....

Personally if I had Exotics for sale I wouldn't be giving out a state let alone my town so underground seems right for the type of ad. Do you think it would be safer for someone doing something illeagal to give their real name and address?
ragin i think the name shows it is a scam, no location for a start other then underground or everywhere.

I dont like exotics and don't see the point of having a snake you could basically show no one

But $200 for a illegal snake i always thought they would have cost more being illegal and all, or is it that there is a truckload of them so they are cheaper? What do they do with the hatchlings if they dont sell?

A few people must have misinterpreted my post. I never once said that i thought this was legal or licenced. I know it is illegal and also know you cannot get an exotic licence as a private individual. You are all so quick to bag petlink. I have bought several animals off there and never had a problem. Yes there is dodgy ads but you have to remember they don't charge for placing ads and that is quite rare these days. I think we should just be happy with the service they provide to the herping community.
Cheers Ragin.
Its Ok Becs I dont need one....lol

Old Beard we know very well it happens. We just dont believe that the person selling them in this case is legit person with appropriate licences. we are talking about petlink ads after all....

Seems like hes got illegal exotics and is silly and boradcats his mobile number

http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/sale/763657.html

phil from erskine pk please call brendan 0415559293 urgent
[ Reptiles and Amphibians ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by THE GHOST (sydney) on 13-Jan-08 08:37 AM AEST
To reply to this advertisement email [email protected]

thank u

I wonder if the right people in NSW knows about this?

want me to call some one? police? or what would be better? is there like a special animal number or something

No one would be that stupid, how would he know who is going to answer these adds? NPWS, undercover police, feds? It's a prank or someones got the guys email and set him up.

Its school holidays and suppose it fills in the day for some people by posting crap

There is also an ad on there for fertile crocodile eggs shipped anywhere in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back