APS Camping Trip to Coolendel - MAIN THREAD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
APS Camping Trip 2009

Where: Coolendel Camping Ground, see www.coolendel.com.au

On the banks of the Shoalhaven River. Camping ground is a Nature Reserve, frequented by resident wombats, peacock and monitors. No doubt their are herps around too. :)

I am aiming for their section called 'Canoe Flats' which is very close to the river and the amenities block (flush toilets and hot showers - who said camping was slumming it?)

Cost: For the 3 days/2 nights to make it easy I'm collecting an even $40 adults/$20 children (16 and under). We will have a few dollars left over which I will be proving for the trip some amber fluid for the adults and black fluid (coke) for the kiddies (and the tea totallers!).

When: Friday 6th to Sunday 8th February 2009.

Although you have the option of arriving Friday or Saturday.

How: Car, grab a lift, or possibly 12 seater Hiace bus. (last resort)

Directions are at :http://www.coolendel.com.au/map.html

If you have a car and are willing to take a passenger or 2, please PM me your username, day & approximate time you intend leaving, how many people you can take and your general location so I can match up the 'lift takers'. Keeping in mind you need sufficient luggage space for a bunch of camping gear - 5 people may fit in a hatchback, but good luck fitting 5 peoples camping stuff in the boot!

If you would like a lift, also please PM me your username, day you wish to leave and location so I can match you with lift offerers!

The Bus: As a very last resort a bus is possible, but we should all be able to make arrangements to drive to get a lift. Price would vary depending on numbers (12 people $45, 10 people $55, 8 people $65 + Petrol of about $10 ea). I will discuss this via PM with anyone who wants the bus but please try and make other arrangements first.

What to bring: The camp site is not powered, and the camp store has limited goods (gas, milk etc) so pretty much bring everything you might need. Food, drink, tent, pillow, camping mattress, portable BBQ if you wish (theres some talk Hobbo will be bringing a big one - a BBQ that is:shock:). Oh, don't forget the torch and new batteries. I don't think walking to the loos in the middle of the night in the dark would be fun.

Speaking of which, a little story I found amusing. A few of my mates when on a kayak camping trip down there, and in the middle of the night one of the guys needed to go to the loos - he headed off but the big wuss was scared of the wombats roaming around in front of the block, so went back to bed and spent the rest of the night 'clenching' - so now he is known affectionally as 'Clench'. :lol: As far as I know the resident animals aren't attack animals, however use your common sense, they are wild animal afterall.

Payments: You can say you are going all you like, but money talks!
I can accept cash, money order or cheque. I can also accept Paypal (it is easiest) but there will be a few bucks more to cover my paypal fees. PM me with how you would like to pay and I will give you the appropriate details.

Cancellations: No problem with refund up until 2 weeks prior to the trip. As I don't have a cheque account these days I can only refund into your bank account,or do a paypal refund if you paid that way. Can also do via money order but since they cost a few bucks to take out, it will be minus money order cost - I'm not willing to be out of pocket for mind changers!!

Other bits and pieces:

Under 18's: There may be some U18's coming along, which is absolutely no problem, of course, however the younger ones (say under 16) will hopefully have a responsible adult attending with them. If not, as a minimum I would like to make contact with your parent prior to you booking the trip to discuss general happenings and responsibility. Note: Any alcohol on-site is for consumption by adults only!

Safety: Please be responsible! There is very limited mobile phone network in the park. Telstra next G is about 900m from the park (they have marked a spot on the road leaving!), Optus 5km away, and Vodafone you need to go all the way to Nowra! However there is a public phone with phone cards available.

I'm thinking its a good idea, in particular if you are coming alone and no-one really knows you, that I take some details of your emergency contact when you book. Just to be on the safe side. I will have a little black book with all these details. Also if you have any medical conditions that may cause you problems (really bad asthma, diabeties etc), that might be useful to know for your own safety, also just in case. Of course all this info will be kept strictly confidential.

Not sure if I've forgotten anything, so talk amongst yourselves! :D

BUMP.

If I could have most of the payments prior to Christmas (24 days away - scary) or up to 2 weeks after at the very latest that would be fantastic as the trip is only a few weeks after that.....I think this will come quicker than we expect. Time flys when you're having fun!

I cant believe how soon it is only 65 days i think!

I will be coming.

Just posting to be subscribed to this thread, would like to go but I'll pay when I know I can make it.

Falconboy, maybe people just want to get over Christmas first........

Falcon - I am still trying to sort out some work and sporting commitments on that weekend...

...if all goes well I will be driving down.

Do we have any definates yet...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back