APS will close the door for while.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the site without arguments and everyone agreed with each other??????? Maybe i to would take up knitting.

OMG!!! DOES THAT MEAN I COULD LOSE MY POST COUNT!!! :shock: :shock:

Joking hehehehe

Personally I think it would be a real shame if the site closed down :(

_popp_ said:
Jan ive been a member here for years & seen a hell of alot of crap & yes been involved in alot of it myself

Here's your scapegoat Slatey - take his head!!! :lol: :lol: j/k popp :wink:

Stevo said:
Imagine the site without arguments and everyone agreed with each other??????? Maybe i to would take up knitting.

Ahhahahahaha I would have to join that group Stevo! :lol:

We could start up a site called Aussie Knitters and Quilters :lol:

re APS

Always arguing and vigorous debate in the time ive been here since xmas but on saturday it was all these personal attacks and i hadnt seen that before and was surprised and disappointed at the distain some hold for others. :(

This site used to be great. I loved it here but then as I started posting more, I was made to feel less and less competent with the reptiles, even to the point that I decided to just give up. If it wasn't for some personal friends and my hubby, I wouldn't have a thing to do with them now. I have no problem with any moderators and I think you all do a great job. I just try and stick to the rules myself and all is ok. Although I've kept quiet of late. It still could be a great site if only people would realise that just because this is the internet, doesn't mean the people your talking to don't have feelings.
Even if the site does close for a week, I hope it comes back refreshed and some people get kicked in the behind when they are nasty.[/img]

Hey slatey maybe just leave the site open but no threads alowed just so we can look over older threads and get some reading in!

"Hi my name is Puglsy and I'm an APS Addict" :lol: ;)

I still don't get why people even give a flying %$%! They act like they've been personally violated or something :lol:. I'm assuming these people have had Phil say something to them personally or in their thread which is why they have the issue? Cos really, I've even been banned before and I really couldn't give a crap now :lol:. It's over and done with and if this sorta stuff Phil does upsets people why let it get to you? Life's too short to let yaself get stressed out by a website Inny! Don't lose sleep over it ;)

Lol yeah, your prolly right Zoey , just a shame there has to be a rotten apple in every box. :D

How much does it cost to run everything? If he decides to pack it in some of yas could try buying it.lol

APS is by far the best herping site bar none - I've gotten more information & advice here than any herping book that I've read.

It would be a real shame for the greater majority of APS members having to suffer because of a few ratbags.

Nicely said Zoe. It is true that some members have had fallings out in the past. Some have moved on and put it behind them ( like yourself). Sadly though there is a small group that still live in the past and only come out of the woodwork to post when something negative is being said about APS.
There is nothing wrong with criticism. We realise we are not perfect and make mistakes but we try our hardest to make the site a good place to visit.
Last week I was able to be part of the process to help several newbies get a free bredli and enclosure from The Rock and Stockeh. I really enjoyed it. This kind of thing is the essence of APS. Helping out fellow herpers. This is APS at it's best.
However, the week ended with another member getting bagged out for trying to give away a couple of MD's. When the other members came to the defense of the person guess what happened next. APS received a PM from the person who started all the nastiness, stating that legal action would be taken if the negative comments about them were not removed. This is APS at it's worst. Sadly this is what I remember most about last week.
A week off? Sounds good to me.

i'd have to go with sherm & inny on this one....

i recon afro rocks, but i have felt the wrath of the mods for rule breaking, and i am expected to conduct myself in a manner similar to communist robots, so why should anyone else get to rock the boat scott free?

i'll take the week in my stride to support my patriotism thanks.

I've noticed that a lot of the reptile keepers on this site are from either Melbourne or Sydney, so if this site shut down you could at least stay in contact with each other at Vic meetings and Sydney meetings. Well i'm located somewhere inbetween these cities on the NSW coast where reptile keepers seem to be few and far between. I have found this site to be my only real link to other reptile keepers and have met (not personally, though) more herpers on this site than at any herp society meetings that i have ever attended.

I would be sad if this site stopped and i hope it doesnt as i would feel very isolated from other keepers. I have never had any bad feelings towards anyone on this site and i hope no one has had any bad feelings towards me. I have never caused problems nor join in on any arguements as i'm here to talk about reptiles.

The other day i was reading the "snake room" thread(i think that was the title)and couldn't believe how nice people were being to each other, sharing advice and opinions. I thought it was so nice. I wish it was always like that.

LOL...Thanks for bringinging that up. Stoopid Bulldogs. It's been a tough year and now we get beaten by the Rabbitos. :cry:

As a new herp I have found this site and the information available vey useful, I really hope that it does not close down. I really appreciate you guys :lol:

Bugger!

Looks like i will spend my pc time at uni checking out adultshop.com instead for the next week. Hope i stocked up on the credit card.

Simone.

Quote: Hope i stocked up on the credit card.

Hope you show us all what you buy

Sh*tfights are going to happen, regardless of what you do to try and stop it. You will never moderate to anyones satisfaction and to be honest, I personally like a little bone of contention every now and again. At least this isn't one of those 'pat on the back' feel good sites that makes you want to throw up when you visit it.

Why not create an unmoderated forum. Give it a funky name add a heap of disclaimers and let all hell break loose in there. Add a couple of rules: Each thread gets deleted after a week of running. Subjects discussed in this forum don't get taken out and aired in other forums.

That way, those who don't want to see, don't have to look, threads that get hijacked and turned into nastiness can be split and the nasty bits tucked away and everyone gets to see who hangs out there most often and why.

Hey, I bags a seat in the front row to watch the antics in there !! :D

I am very new to reptiles and used this site for endless amounts of information. It's such a shame to a novice like myself to lose such a wealth of knowledge. I'm deeply upset by this news but respect the decision made by the mods. You guys all rock.

LONG LIVE APS

LEST WE FORGET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back