APS will close the door for while.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh no your jokin aint you i love this site i come on here neally every day please dnt let it go

Some people take the internet way too personally. I and hundreds of others have been bagged on here about their keeping methods, that they are doing something wrong. I had a scrubby for my second snake, only 2 weeks into keeping, and I was given all hell about it at times to the point I felt incompetent. But I didn't let that stop me! I just proved I could do it, and I did. Still nearly 2 years later I am keeping successfully. And all through that time, I looked over old threads for advice or asked questions on here.

There are times over the years that there has been personal conflict between members, it always has been the case (even with some now moderators), and occaisonally it flares up, a couple of threads people let loose on each other. Often this clears the air and things go on as normal. I don't see how any of this has been any different to any of the other times, there has always been whinging about moderators or people having go's at other members, and most of the people that have posted on this thread have done so at some point or another, even if it was just at Joughin lol. Another point is that things go on behind the scenes, PMs and deleted threads that sometimes people just decide to publicly confront people to get it all out of the way. There's a lot of history behind what goes on that most aren't aware of.

And, you know what? It happens on nearly every single site I have seen, no matter what it's about. In a way, it's like having 700 people living together in one room, day in and day out.

Unfortunatley, the new thing is that people that have done a nice gesture have had their posts interferred in that it's turned out a negative mess.

I think a weeks break for all would be a good idea. Firstly, it gives the mods a well earned break, and secondly for the people that are taking it all too seriously can sit back for a week and realize that life has much more meaning than people on a computer screen.

And I don't mean that at all to demean any of the friends and wonderful people I have met on this site, it's been awesome :) .

And for Slatey, i think it's about time you finally did this. You, yourself have copped a hell of a lot, even death threats in the past and I don't blame you one bit for taking yourself off here as even your reptile advice was bagged. I haven't always agreed with your decisions, rarely in fact, but I haven't said anything as it remains that it is your site and you no longer feel welcome here, and that is a very sad thing. I don't blame you for not wanting to put money, time or effort into somewhere you don't feel welcome anymore.

Thats a real shame, :? This site is the only site that I could be bothered to deal with & therefore the only way I have interaction with other herpers.

I dont post much anymore due to a few D-heads & arogant no it all's, but they are everywhere.

I guess I understand your reasons Slatey, but you have a great site that many nice people enjoy. Not to mention I think it would be the most popular and the most active. That must say mean something to you.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) So please dont shut it down. :( :( :( :( :(

Just get rid of negative, ignorant no it all's. Take out the trash!! 8)

Good Luck to you all :cry:

Nome said:
You, yourself have copped a hell of a lot, even death threats in the past and I don't blame you one bit for taking yourself off here as even your reptile advice was bagged.

And, while Slatemen was at an APS get together a few years back, some lowlife dick broke into Slatey's home and stole some of his snakes. If he hadn't of started this site that would never have happened.

:p

Hix

There could be a reason for all of this during winter we do not get enough sunlight and this can have an effect on the human brain from mild depression to down right nastiness, perhaps these few people need to get sun lamps near their PCs, so when posting they are in a better frame of mind.
I too would not like to see the site close but if thats what it takes so be it.

you shouldnt give him that choice simone.

NO!!!! please don't close....I love this site

Yeah i reckon it's fair enough, a cpl mods and slatey aren't enjoying running the site anymore(why would they?) Just close the place down then ppl can go flood another site with their sob stories.

slatey ,ive seen a lot of crap happen on this site ,a lot a attacts of differant people, including myself ,only you and the mods really know who i am( which i would like to keep that way) people really need to pull there heads in and allow the mods to do there job with out criticism, as lots have said without slatey and the mods the site would not be here,so if it needs to be shut down to fix the problem so be it .it will be a shame though.

well what can i say this could do some people some good.

as for afro he has done a dam fine job he has kept me in line when i have gotten a bit bored and i am a friend of his inny.

as for all this it will be a shame if the site did go for ever i have made alot of great friendships and meet some great people here and had a great time at all the get togethers and i'd miss gain knowlage and helping people out with there problems.

well thats my two cent

Jacob (Westie)

If i had it my way Ricko i'd be forcing him with some of my new toys that i haven't quite tried out yet.

Simone.

johnbowemonie said:
If i had it my way Ricko i'd be forcing him with some of my new toys that i haven't quite tried out yet.

Simone.
Damm....and what toys are they Simone? Pics please :lol:

I would hate for this site to close. Iv'e learnt so much here. I remember learning that.....no that was another site......oh yes that right, I learnt that....nope heard that from a guy in a shop......hang on, that's right. I had a problem with a snake not eating....nup, read that one in a book.
Ok, I haven't learnt much but I love The Rocks and Africanqueens jokes.

In all seriousness it would be a shame to close it as there is alot of good people here.

Just the way i like em Moose!!!!!!!! U married?????????????????
Stiffler, in case you weren't aware sexpo was on last weekend in Sydney. Feathers and wax ( i refer to a past thread ) and all sorts of ummmmmmmmmmm interesting things.

Simone.

Believe me Stiffler, there are pics for sure.

If people are going to get withdrawal symptoms from the site closure for a week, then you need to get a life. Open the front door, there is a world out there. Personally though, I couldn't care less if the site was closed for a week. It might make those people who like to cause trouble to think twice and keep their opinions to themselves. For christs sake, it is only a website and too many people get upset on here too easily. GET OVER IT OR LEAVE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back