are thermostats necessary?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read in several other thread on here people having a go at others saying that if you can't afford the correct setup (ie. thermostats - in their opinion) then you shouldn't have the animal. Thats what I was getting at there. I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular.

Read the advice here and in other threads, both ways work but in my opinion thermostats are unnecessary especially for simple enclosures. Like feeding outside the enclosure theory, I find I get bitten more often taking them out for feeding and trying to put them back in afterwards then if I just feed in the enclosure. Everyone has different ways of doing things and are not necessarily right or wrong.

There are other reasons to feed them outside the enclosure than bitting with lizards who have sand it stops them eating the sand and with my monitor it means that I can make sure he gets a good meal. Snakes I just feed them in the enclosure.

This argument will never stop, everyone has their opinion and most are too stubborn to change...It is possible to run effective setups without thermos but the enclosure has to be designed and setup specifically for this, which is what we do with ours anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back