at lest i know hes getting some calcium :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skunk

Reaction score
apart from dusting the crix for them, at lest this 1 dude is getting some calcium into him lol..what can u do hey. woke up this morning only to find some tail left so here are the pictures :shock:

It's a Ridge-tailed Monitor (V.acanthurus) and I've heard this is quite common. Tough break mate.

Simon Archibald

Oh and skunk....why the hell did you put them back together??? Wasn't it just last night I told you the best thing would be to separate them and keep them that way...in properly setup enclosures??? :( :( :(

Simon Archibald

ackie

hey Simon, yes i know but since they were fighting in the smaller tank, i opted to put them back into the bigger tank with more hides just for the night because i had the smaller on in a plastic tub which wasnt the best place to put it in.

well this morning i got up & found the other one in its mouth.

i dont tihnk its anthing to do with how many hides i gave them because i have Heaps in the big tank. the acckies are only bout 15cm or so..so they have heaps of space in a 4x2x2.

what i suspect is that the small one that got eaten is a male, & so is the bigger one. the 3rd one which is just as big as the one that did the eating might be a female because they never fight. its only the 2.

1 big male & 1 small male & a female. guess the bigger one didnt want the smaller boy around his woman.

Speaking of Ridge tails i have 1 for sale for $200.need to sell moving houses.

What a shame. On the bright side, the bigger one survived the meal, unlike sometimes happens with snakes in the same scenario. thats nature. Best wishes with the remaining two. :wink:

hanibal lector

update guys, remmber how i originally had 3 acckies ? & the bigger one ate its smaller sibling ? well now i have only 1.

just 2 seconds ago i went into my room only to smell sumtihng NASty.
looked into the enclosure & this is what i saw.

i have come to the conclusion that the last ackcie i have left is possesed & therefore its name is lector since it loves to eat its mates.

RE: hanibal lector

apart from dusting the crix for them, at lest this 1 dude is getting some calcium into him lol..what can u do hey.

Not meaning to come across as a smartass but i don't see anything funny about this and what could you do?.......Taken good advice when given as Simon did,what an absolute shame :cry:

RE: hanibal lector

Agreed, you come across as if it is no big deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back