Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah me too. I like the look of them but they get to big for me. Im only just getting used to my childrens hatchie. Here she is - Gabby

childrengirlcu4.jpg

Thanks, he is a beautiful snake. As has been said Athertons can be absolutely stunning and others can be very plain but I have seen plenty of other Jungles I wouldn't have in my collection. They do get bigger than other Jungles but no bigger than coastals for instance.

Variable spilota

Yeah, They do varies a lot like other spilota, these two females are siblings(atherton locale) and apart from striped genes they don't look alike patten and colourwise :) Could still change colour though as they are only 18 months old.

Regards,
Joel
ATHERTONfem2.jpg

ATHERTONfem07.jpg

Lovely snakes Joel, as usual. The top one looks alot like one of mine.

they are really nice! i've been tossing up on whether to get a pair or not this season. guess i'll see what's available! what are the stripey one's worth as hatchies?

If you don't mind the fact that they will get to coastal size they are a really nice Jungle. They do tend to have the typical Jungle attitude but they calm down over time.

I have a 3 yr old girl and she is just the best. Never bites, very gentle, but on saying that I wouldnt get between her and a rodent at feed time. She loves her tucker. Have a hatchie to is growing very nicely

My first snake was an Atherton, never bitten and great to handle.
Heres a nice pic of her..which doesnt really show her true colours.
IMG_0938.jpg

And a normal pic
IMG_0929.jpg

I think that some of the best examples of jungles are Athertons! They like all others have so much variation to them. Look at the pic above, great looking banded form. Now here's a great example of a striped Atherton...
MaleTiger.jpg

Of course they do get larger than some other locality of jungles, but with animals that look like these, who cares!!??
Cheers,
Zac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back