australian museum sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grogshla

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey friends.
I went to the museum in sydney today with my girlfriend and it was really good! some of those dinosaur skeletons are massssssivveeeeee. They had some scorpions, spiders and cool stick insects etc. There was a nice diamond python there also and some cool baby crocs. What bothered me though is they had a bearded dragon with a shingleback and another skink in this enclosure and the water bowls were bone dry the beardie looked super skinny, his eyes seemed puffy and his skin was all saggy. Also there was no basking spot or uvb tubes. I was going to say something but i didn't. Pretty frustrating to see i tell ya.

I've been. They are half zoo, half museum :p So many animals. I saw the Beardie with teh Shingleback and Gidgee Skink... it did seem liek a bit of a small enclosure for 3 lizards... The beardie was fine when I went a few weeks ago... maybe its shedding? They have amazing animals there - loads of invertebrates, the beardie with the skinks, they also have an Eastern Blue Tongue and Diamond python... oh and some frogs :p loads of animals!

yeah they had some cool frogs and i saw the blueys. It definately was cool but yeah i just felt that the real beady (compared to the stuffed one lol) looked saggy and skinny around the tummy and lower back. Plus the lack of basking spot was uncool. Hope to check out the taronga zoo in the coming weeks. They should have some great reptiles :)

Given the species it wouldn't be the end of the world if water was only offered weekly if not less frequently.

People keep shinglebacks with beardies all the time not always successfully but some do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back