australian panther

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do u beleave theres a panther

• no your crazy

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • yes i do beleave

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • ive seen it

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • i beleave theres something

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulionz

ok where do i start i herd about the australian panther about 2 years ago and ive done alot of research to much to say it all but i was just wondering have use ever herd of it or seen it or just think im crazy

o and dont turn this into a arguement i just wonna see wat others think

i dont think australia has panthers :| unless someone smuggled a cub in from some other country. ssounds a bit if-fy to me

in 1940 some country i forget wat 1 brung a few in about 5-10 of them as mascots and released them into australia and then theres been a circus escape wat if they bred with owe feral cats or something o and i no this threads gonna turn into a massive joke but i hope theres some that give good answers

Youtube it....and yes I have seen it about an hour north of Melbourne when I was on holidays last year. Have no video or photo evidence but it was within 20 metres of me and scared the absolute life out of me...Ill never forget the way it looked at me and then turned and walked into the scrub.

ive youtube it googles yahood it everything ive gone into almost every site lol and we have a massive mountiain down the bak i will get a photo when im down there nxt and we think its wats been killing owe sheep and calfs we had 2 alpacas killed in about 30min they wer ripped to peaices and no1 sore them we have a road and if it was dogs some1 would seen them and this just vanished without a trace

I believe there is something out there. I've heard reports from farmers (on news) that say something was killing their live stock. But I think a feral cat or something similar that's grown over time. I think I'd need pics or video to believe in panthers in the bush

yes love formy dragons i think its somesort of geen cause if it wer leopards of some sort there would be human killings i think something excotic has bred with owe feral cats and create some abit smaller then a leopard im not sure wat to beleave i need to see it to beleave it to im taking the camera with me everywhere

Mattsnake, I've seen one/it aswell mate, we were driving on a pretty isolated road heading to go motorbike riding in north west Vic, when the headlights shined onto a massive black cat just leaving the road ahead of us. Thing was absolutely huge couldn't believe the size of it , but I also have no photo/video evidence which sucks because I know. Pics or it didnt happen....

awesome so some have seen it thats great i really beleave it or something simller is out there

ok well your not crazy cause you are completely rite there are large cats in australia one of the causes was from a old train derailment wich had large cats on board for a circus and a few got loose for a few weeks and managed to breed with wild cats.

i have seen hundreds of giant cat foot prints around our yard and about 3 years ago i saw my first cat, it stood as tall as a bull mastiff and was jet black i was driving into my drive way and my head lights shon across it as it was going infront of my garage, i threw the car into reverse and put the lights back onto it to be amased to finally get the chance to see one of these bastards. it was huge i tryed to aproach it but it took off seconds from me opening the car door. i live in kooralbyn in south queensland it is a tropical mountainous country side out here and over the past 25 years there have been many reported sightings and alot of complaints from people loosing animals to these cats.

Rumor has it out western sydney there was a guy up on top on the mountain that smuggled in cats, now the government secured most of these animals but apparently a panther wasnt retrieved now over the past few years there has been many sighting yet still no evidence this panther actually exsist, but its suppose to be hanging around the blue mountains bush areas.

wow im so happy no1 made this into a joke thanks people im really interested in this subject as i beleave i have 1 or more living on my property

londos there has been sightings all around australia
even in sa ,wa

panther in the mountains

there was a bit of a joke about it years ago in the blue mountains. some of my friends reckoned they were going to catch it. they went on panther hunts through the bush all the time. dont think they ever actually saw it tho.
and i've seen one video in particular where the scaling of it seems kinda weird but the structure and shape of its body, particularly its ears, made me think of just a big black cat. not the rounded ears of a panther.

and pretty sure it is scientifically impossible for a panther to breed with a cat. They have different numbers of chromosomes so if they do exist its either black cats which have grown extremely large or there are panthers breeding as they have been sighted over a great number of years.

another option is of course that the sightings were made by stoners who actually just saw black cats and freaked out. lol

i forgot to mention that just 2 knights ago all 9 of our chickens where slaughterd and 3 were found headless in the padock next to the chicken pen. the chicken pen is wire mesh 1x1 inch and berried 1 foot under ground level all the way around and it stands 7 foot tall so the chooks couldnt fly out and dingos and foxes couldnt jump in. the gate was still locked too. everything is pointing at the black cat. so far over the years we have lost alot of chooks and cats and birds and my auntie lost her dog and a farmer down the road a bit complained about claw marks on his cattle.

Yer ive heard about that, but i only ever really listen to things that effect my area :p

hrrmmm
just read sum more posts.
you guys dont seem crazy and you say you have seen them? i hope you can get sum pics.
unfortunately i cannot bring myself to strait up believe anything without proof.

this is a very interesting thread tho.
keep it coming guys!

This homeless man was lucky to survive a recent vicious attack.

bigcat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back