australian panther

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do u beleave theres a panther

• no your crazy

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • yes i do beleave

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • ive seen it

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • i beleave theres something

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahah that was funny boa and it could just be a feral cat that was once a domestic cat and eating a feral cats diet they could of adapted over time to go big and strong it could of been going for genartions

there is a photo in one of my old shooter mags ill try and find it and scan the photo. the fella was hunting with a mate and came across the black cat, they shot it as it tryed to attack them the bullet went in under its shoulder and out the side of its head (sounds like it was runnin mor than attacking) but anyway they shot it and strung it up with a rope tied to its tail and posed with there guns and motorbike next to the lifeless cat. the cat was taller than them. it looked to be the same height as their motorbike and atleast 8 foot long , ill try and find the mag

yer ive seen it also i will get the pic of the net its on there if u dont wonna go thourgh mags

The one I saw stood about 80cm high, which is a big cat! Like I said it wasnt far from Melbourne, but I have also heard of sighting and seen blurry photos taken around Lithgow and other areas of the Blue Mountains. I have also heard stories of these cats being spotted up around here on the NSW mid north coast.

There is video footage on youtube that I saw a while back of these cats climbing a tree out in western nsw while a mob of kangaroos bound around on the same hill...I dont know how real this footage is though, looks real to me.

Feral cats living in bushland are often much larger than your ordinary house cats. Yes they are orginially escaped housecats but over the decades have gotten bigger. Perhaps they are mistaking them for panthers. I don't know what to believe. I don't believe its impossible. Escaped circus animals could be out there. But I went along to a meeting about wild dog problems and there was a man there who swear black and blue he has seen them. It can be difficult to believe but how does it feel to witness something and not a single soul take you serious.

But then I ask the question, why are the sightings only ever a glance? Never any clear photos, never anyone to back one up and the animals have not bred, yet the legend of the black panthers has been around for many years.

They've been breeding for a long time now, the population is fairly large, that's why you hear about so many sightings. Yowies have started domesticating Australian panthers and keeping them as pets. It's just a shame that Yowies are about as difficult to catch with a trap or camera as a panther is, that's why there is never any evidence.

other theories are that they were mascots on board Navy vessels, and were released on the mainland when they outgrew the crew so the speak. of course there are big cats in Aus, they're not native, just been released.

Maybe there is a panther cat feral mongoose creature. But yeah I can't really believe in it unless I have proof. That's how I feel about everything. Except Santa.

my girlfriend lives out near richmond where there is believed to be one... i think its a load of crap but she swears that she has seen it and was about 15 meters from it one day when she was walking along the fire trail... she is so convinced that she absolutely will never walk by herslf in her area because its rural properties and surrounded by bush.

The military should model their stealth vehicles on panthers. If they can be so common but remain undocumented for so long, they have incredible powers.

Actually, maybe the politicians and criminals could get some tips from panthers too! Seen by countless witnesses, but without a shred of evidence! Incredible! They manage to disguise their footprints as those of other species, and they are masters of disguise, appearing like more common animals when captured on film. They even fool DNA tests from time to time! Not a single speck of evidence! Awesome creatures.

My sister swears she saw one while camping at Wilsons Prom in 2000, and I have heard of a number of stories of them escaping or being deliberately released.
I don't think its likely but I don't think it's impossible either.

Theres supposed to be some in Gippsland. Will have to look out for them when we go herping lol

Yes

I'm 100% certain they are around.

Around 20 years ago I went for a drive past Kimore and noticed one stalking some sheep in a paddock. This thing was way too big to be a feral cat let alone a house cat.

I have shot some feral cat's over the years and they get pretty big but nothing like this thing. It would have been 5-6 feet without including the tail.

Back when the war was on The US had stationed troops and they had them as Mascots. After they were being shipped home they let them loose.

I have also seen damage done to livestock. No dog, pack of dogs could do that sort of damage.

yeah thats the pic i was looking for. cheers for finding it for me otherwise it would have taken me weeks to find it here lol

that pic looks fake.
the depth of the shot isnt right.
the cat (probably a normal feral) has been positioned much closer to the camera than the dude with the gun and it makes it look big in comparison. clever photography but if they wanted to prove the size of it i would reccomend putting something right next to it on the ground.

also what did he do with such a massive body if it was real? and why wouldnt he use it as proof for authorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back