Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbo

Reaction score
G'day
just thought i would post up some pics that i took at the Australian Reptile Park when i visited a few months back.

if you could help me out and let me know what the common and scientific names are that would be great.

1)
d4f43cf7.jpg

2)
DSC_4392.jpg

3)
DSC_4386.jpg

4)
DSC_4324.jpg

5)
DSC_4316.jpg

6)
DSC_4313.jpg

7)
DSC_4401.jpg

enjoy the pics
James

Nice pics bimbo, I too would be intersted if someone could ID #4 cos I dont know what it is?

1) Red Bellied Black Snake - Pseudechis porphyriacus (a nice one at that!)
2) Black Headed Monitor - Varanus tristis
3) Eastern Water Dragon - Physignathus lesueurii
4) My monitor is rooted and i cant see colour, so i have no idea what that lil dude is.
5) Rhino Viper - Bitis nasicornis
6) Fijian Iguana - Brachylophus fasciatus
7) Pygmy Mulga Snake - Pseudechis weigeli

not a great pic but from memory it might have been a type of gecko - could be way off
the first one is a red bellied black.

the last one was a fairly recently discovered species and i remember watching a tv doco about hunting bush trying to find a mate for it

cheers
james

Numbers one to seven are called Reptiles! :p
very nice shots James! :)

Rofl, trust you, you bloody scientist Red! :) how r u mate, long time no hear.

Hey bimbo, was the RBB from the outdoor pit? If so, congrats on getting so close :wink:

nr. 4 is Eurydactylodes agricolae from New Caledonia.

Cheers,
Johan.

bimbo said:
the last one was a fairly recently discovered species and i remember watching a tv doco about hunting bush trying to find a mate for it

cheers
james

Ahh yes, that would be the Weigli (spelling ?? )

Wow u know your stuff mate! Thats not at all what I would have guessed even if I had colour. hehe

Brodie, I'd be more inclined to think that the monitor is a Spotted Tree Monitor, Varanus scalaris.

Brodie_W said:
Wow u know your stuff mate! Thats not at all what I would have guessed even if I had colour. hehe

hehehe, next time i'll read all the replies!!! LOL Didnt see that you had picked it already.

olivehydra said:
Hey bimbo, was the RBB from the outdoor pit? If so, congrats on getting so close :wink:
yep it was. it is croped down from this photo

DSC_4306.jpg

all of the photos where taken with a nikon d70 with a 18-70mm lens

cheers
James

I remember the animal being a tristis dicco, from when i vollied there.

the australian reptile park is so awesome..nice pics by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back