Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinglegirl

Reaction score
Hi all.
We went to the reptile park on Sunday and it was great, have been there before but this time was defentely the best time. The manager and show presenter Michael was so funny and great.
Who else has been and what did you think?
Cheers guys.
Danielle. :D:D:D:D

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 200
  • CCF03052010_00001.jpg
    CCF03052010_00001.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 298
Never been
But keen to go one day
It has been on my list a long time

Awesome that would have been good lullabylizard.
Make sure you go one day squishi its worth it. Hopefully you gt Michael to present the shows hes so funny. All the reptiles are great. Very educational also.

We went last year and were extremely disapointed.
Traveled by train from Sydney to Gosford then had to catch a taxi to the park.
After looking around we were ready to travel back to Sydney by about 10.30.
Considering that it is called AUSTRALIAN reptile park - we found that there was more exotic reptiles there than native.
maybe our expectations were too high.
You could not pay us to go back there again....

Agree with ian_davo.

I was there last Wednesday. Nice train trip from Sydney. Taxi from Gosford to the park $30 each way. The park was just not worth the effort imo. Also went to Sydney Wildlife World at Darling Harbour which I also found disappointing.

May I ask what you dissapointed few really expected? What classic Australian snake or lizard species were not on display?
I was there myself on the weekend and thought it was great setup with lots of Australian reptiles represented and to me, having exotics there was just the extra bonus.
I am bettng that most reptile people would be more than dissapointed if they didn't get to see the classic exotic reptiles there.
From memory the entry fee was only $24 which was well worth it. Its a place you can not only see reptiles but lots of different native animals, various shows and of course very good facilitys to have a good picnic.

We always have a ball when we go to the reptile park but would love to see more Aussie snakes there!

i went to the reptile park nov 08 and the only aussie python i saw was a rough-scale. it was cool to see the exotics and aussie elapids but thought there would be at least a nice diamond or carpet on display. i was dissapointed. there was more mammals and birds at the reptile park than reptiles!

I went there mid last year or maybe a tad earlier and they had keepers coming out and about with loads of different aussie pythons I got the pat a children's and a jungle there was also a diamon but loads of kids were crowding round.
The picnic area's also great fun as you have the emu's popping around and they brought out a baby wombat while we were there too.

Also, is Michael the grey haired on with the beard? and he makes jokes about the little kiddies and everything, if so I HIGHLY agrree, he was absolutely hilarious and for the boring bits of the shows he still managed to entertain.

The entry fee might have only been $24 ea but there is the cost and time of the train trip and yes the $30 taxi fare each way. We at least thought that there might have been a shuttle bus operating from the train station ( which quite a few other animal parks offer ).
As I said it is called AUSTRALIAN reptile park - not Australian and exotic reptile and mammal park.
Australia has such a wide variety of native retiles yet only saw a handful there. We took the time and effort to go there specifically to see native reptiles - as we had heard that this was the place to go. We think that we could have seen as many if not more native reptiles at one of our many herping associates personal collections.
Yes the exotics are very nice to see , and sometimes absolutly brilliant - but we went to Taronga Zoo and Sydney Wildlife world ( which we loved ) to see them.

I am glad that many people have enjoyed the park and this is just our opinion, I know you dont have to agree - it is a case of each to their own.

May I ask what you dissapointed few really expected? What classic Australian snake or lizard species were not on display?
I was there myself on the weekend and thought it was great setup with lots of Australian reptiles represented and to me, having exotics there was just the extra bonus.
I am bettng that most reptile people would be more than dissapointed if they didn't get to see the classic exotic reptiles there.
From memory the entry fee was only $24 which was well worth it. Its a place you can not only see reptiles but lots of different native animals, various shows and of course very good facilitys to have a good picnic.

Totally agree
You get lot of value for your money. All staff is great and if you taking kids, you can have nice family day there. Nice place to have picnic also.

Many mixed opinions about the park and yes Michael is the dude with the grey beard who jokes with kids and such hes great. For $24.00 bucks for a day out is pretty good i think.
Thanks for your replies guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back