Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Helikaon i have rung the vet and he will scan the xray when he gets a chance and email it to me, as soon as he does that i will post it here

@ Helikaon i have rung the vet and he will scan the xray when he gets a chance and email it to me, as soon as he does that i will post it here

hmmmm still waiting for the vet to get back to me,looks like having to drive down and see him in person instead of trusting that his girl at the counter gives him my message

I am so happy today, she is finally shedding and don't she look just beautiful under this shed, i will try her on a large mouse or small rat tomorrow and if she refuses it will be a matter of hurry up and wait, sorry abot the photo quality but still using my phone

WOAyG.jpg

1xqLn.jpg

KgJyX.jpg

a5Sm8.jpg

E5WPO.jpg

Last edited:
I have not forgotten about this thread, i got the xrays from the vet on friday (finally) but unfortunatly they don't scan, so on monday or tuesday i will go to a local vet and ask them can i use their xray viewer (not going to drive 70km just to do it at the reptile vets) and then i might be able to upload the photo of the xray, hmmmm nothing is easy with reptiles lol..............................Ron

On the subject of sperm retention/parthogenesis I would like to addd a little on a non python observation by the late Merv Hay.
During the 1970's Merv kept a number of Common Death Adders because he had an interest in the breeding of both red and grey colour phases.
He had a female that was housed alone, although previously it had been paired and mated.
This particular animal produced for 7 years without contact with a male.
At that point of time the thinking was that it was as a result of sperm retention that allowed this animal to reproduce.
In the light of current thinking the question of possible parthogenesis must be raised.
regards

Ovulation and even the laying of unfertilised ova can and does occur without a male present.

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back