Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how come there allowed to have our animals over there but we arn't allowed to have any of theres?

Id say its because australia is classified as a 'disease free' country, we dont have outbreaks of mad cow disease, bird flu, aids, malaria etc so any animals being transported out of australia are 'clean' so to speak and of little risk to the country they are entering, the australian government restricts entry of exotic animals into australia because if they come from a 'dirty' country and their health status is not defined then there is a risk of contaminating our disease free country. Depending on what the animal is and what diseases it may carry there is the potential of infecting or wiping out our natural fauna and flora. I think it may be possible to get some species in but they are kept under strict quarantine until theyre considered safe. The whole point of customs at airports and things is to stop any organic matter that could be potentially harmful from entering our country. =)

Originally Posted by Emzie
how come there allowed to have our animals over there but we arn't allowed to have any of theres?

Because we are smarter than all the other countries (lol) and we want to prevent all the stuff ups they have with importing wildlife. Australia has had some problems, but it's best to prevent it entirely. Just look what it's done around the world. We can learn from their mistakes.
thebadger-I agree completely about the native wildlife thing.

Last edited:
Here in Europe, there is difficult to become an australian Snake. :?
A Woma costs here $3800AUD, for example. I don´t know the price inside Australia.
My Fiercies costed $4800AUD for each;)
Cheers
Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back