Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carpcondro or something like that. carpetXgtp [video=youtube;hY5_kTMJGWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5_kTMJGWk&feature=autoplay&list=SL&index=36&playnext=2[/video]

I just dont get the albino thing. Things with such stunning colours and patterns, and the ultimate is to neutralise those aspects?

What's the go?

It's like breeding a green flowered hibiscus. (probably already been done.) FFS!

So tell me

must say i love me mertens. to much character

Me too

They disappeared when the toads got here but they are coming back. Never had a pet one but I've had them walk over my feet (with disdain) at several spots. If you're relaxed so are they.

Last edited:
I just dont get the albino thing. Things with such stunning colours and patterns, and the ultimate is to neutralise those aspects?

What's the go?

It's like breeding a green flowered hibiscus. (probably already been done.) FFS!

So tell me

not quite sure how that's the same champ but ok. albino's are popular because they're different and rarely seen in the wild. and i'm yet to see a common darwin carpet that has a better pattern and coloring than the albino variant. i like the naturals and the albinos i also like the huge colour range the yanks get going with corns, balls, and burms. but you're way off base if you think albino carpets are boring to look at.

I think I'd go RSP. I love-hate mine but I wouldn't be without them.

What's the go?

So tell me

not quite sure how that's the same champ but ok. albino's are popular because they're different and rarely seen in the wild. and i'm yet to see a common darwin carpet that has a better pattern and coloring than the albino variant. i like the naturals and the albinos i also like the huge colour range the yanks get going with corns, balls, and burms. but you're way off base if you think albino carpets are boring to look at.

No worries tigerbudgie

Just stirring the pot to see what rises.

The hibiscus analogy referred to the fact that they are bred for the colour of their flowers. Flowers the same colour as the leaves defeat the purpose.

I once saw an albino turtle off the Arnhem Land coast, it was an adult and glaringly obvious on the surface but not so underneath. I've seen true albino sea snakes also so maybe white isn't that obvious under sea water.

Albino salt water croc juvies are regularly seen but adults are very rare. Some populations go extremely pale when they dry out when basking, I try not to get close enough to check eye colour.

Hope you got through the floods alright cobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back