avery diamonds, breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroyaus

Reaction score
putting my 2 diamonds in a avery, just putting finishing touches on it
do they need to be separated for breeding or will they just naturally breed if left in the enclosure together all year around

thanks

also, do you notice any change in colours (ie getting darker) or any change in temprement?

cheers

do they need to be separated for breeding or will they just naturally breed if left in the enclosure together all year around

thanks

They'll have trouble breeding if they are separated. Sorry, I know what you mean. I would keep them separated until they have finished their cooling / hibernation period, then, put them together.

It's well into their breeding season, if you have cooled them over winter leave them together and see what happens.

nah this is for next year, so im just wondering weather ill have to build 2 averies or 1 n leave them both in the one i alread yhave built. they will be going in in a couple of weeks

ah, so they will still breed even if housed together all year aroudn in the 1 avery?
avery is 2mtr high, 1.6mtr long, 1mtr deep

Not yet, just putting the finishing touches in, diamonds will go in on sunday, will have pics up with them in it tomorrow

this is the avery.

it has bark on the bottom and a foam container as a hide spot, also the log leaning up against hte cage on the left is hollow so that also doubles as a hide..

any comments please

Attachments

• P1050363 [1600x1200].jpg
    P1050363 [1600x1200].jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 117
that is one ugly looking snake. Hope you didn't pay much for it.:D Looks good otherwise

haha, apparently he has a anaconda in there with him he rekns

Are these Avery's pre built or are they made by yourselves?

Cheers as they look the business.

i picked up the averie for 50 bucks from a bloke from work
had to do a bit of work to it, but its come up trumps now

You are going to have to monitor the diamonds closely during the summer
months where you are as they will have a hard time with the very high dry
heat you get up there.

yeah beeman, going to monitor them over summer. where they are atm is probably the most shaded spot in the back yard..
come winter time ill shift it to face north tho

looks good mate ive got a couple of coastals in an avery set up and it works a treat!!
Remember to be carefullwhen feeding

yeah, these 2 have been seperated there entire life while feeding, will continue to do the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back