Aviary Heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Would like you thoughts on heating in an aviary?

What works best etc etc

Thanks in advance!

From what I have read up on this Fay a hot box using heat cord seems to be the way to go,but I havn't tried it yet myself. I'd also be interested to see how what set up's people have because I live in the Blue Mountains & we get below zero temps pretty regularly during winter

Fay, are you keeping birds or herps in the aviary?

:p

Hix

What do you keep in this aviary? Old people?

BHAHAHAHAAA!!!

i would think heatcord and spotlamps would be they way to do it, you would just have to make sure you didn't have spotlamps shining directly on the aluminum......

I've never had to do it, living in townsville, so I'll be interested in the answeres.:|

BHAHAHAHAAA!!!
i would think heatcord and spotlamps would be they way to do it, you would just have to make sure you didn't have spotlamps shining directly on the aluminum......
I've never had to do it, living in townsville, so I'll be interested in the answeres.:|

i didnt think i had to do it in nth qld either untill big girl got body blisters.

Seriously? We had a scrubby in an Aviary for years with no trouble(?). It probably has alot to do with the enclosures aspect, etc, and I guess some of it comes down to the individual snake.

yeah, it was individual because i had them in a susspended outdoor enclosure together and he was fine and she got blisters. but you dont know how they will go, so prevention is better than cure and should give them heat even if you dont think its needed.

Fay, your diamonds probably won't need any heating at all.

For the Coastals - maybe a panel heater on the roof?

:p

Hix

Fair enough, and yeah, prevention is always better than cure.

it was pretty cold in Sydney a couple of mornings this year. A heat mat in a big bird breeding box is the way to go i think and your snakes can decide if they need it. I know people who keep diamonds outside here with nothing though. I have never kept coastals outside in the winter here so i can't comment

Townsville with outdoor heating?? Do you really need it? you can't leave a beer down for 3 minutes without it getting hot

it was pretty cold in Sydney a couple of mornings this year. A heat mat in a big bird breeding box is the way to go i think and your snakes can decide if they need it. I know people who keep diamonds outside here with nothing though. I have never kept coastals outside in the winter here so i can't comment
Townsville with outdoor heating?? Do you really need it? you can't leave a beer down for 3 minutes without it getting hot

as strange as it sounds, it does get cool at nights here. something to do with the sun not being up, or something like that?

the mean min temp in townsville for aug is 14.7
and our coldest month which is jul is 13.6

Fay , the old man has a ceramic globe / thermostat in his out door enclosure , seems to work ok , some of the diamonds have been in there for a long time with no problems , i will probably go with this set up with mine for those cooler months as my back yard lacks a lot of sun in winter .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back