avoiding infighting and trolls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a troll thread , i just looked it up on the net
should be closed before it gets out of con-troll
lol

i didnt want to be the fun police i just thought if we cut out the trash threads that are just arguments
we can focus tested relevant info into the community, making the forum fluid and progressive
something reptile based.
personally i would prefer to see a keeping thread get 2000 views and 8 pages than something useless
:)

Can you name a few of the threads you are talking about?

The trouble is that many on this forum don't understand that others may have a different point of view. Both points of view may be correct, partly correct or total rubbish.
Informed debate is healthy for any democracy.

Can you name a few of the threads you are talking about?

Just about anything in the chit chat section over five pages. I'd love to talk about the "sensitive" topics if everyone could be reasonable and leave emotion out of it. Debates on here are also most fun for me because it gives each person time to think about their response before giving it. How many times have you had an argument in person and later thought "oh I wish I'd said that instead"

i like a debate too but not being abused and insulted read some of the old chit chats that get locked because of excessive abuse and slander,
these threads lead absolutely nowhere except in flames...pardon the pun

perhaps you just need to harden up a little? names are names, insuslts are insults, you CHOOSE to react or be hurt by them, yours is the power, to call for them to be stopped? ha, just sad (within reason of course) too many people on this forum are just FAR to precious it's become ridiculous.

if you want a perfectly clean environment to hang out it, go find a nice little conservative Christian forum (and even thee you wont' be safe)
reptile keepers tend to be passionate at the best of times because the rest of society is against us, and you want US to be nicer? lol learn to deal with it or you're going to have a very sad life ahead of you.

the simplest idea, is don't open a potentially inflaming topic yourself! no need for thought police.

perhaps you just need to harden up a little? names are names, insuslts are insults, you CHOOSE to react or be hurt by them, yours is the power, to call for them to be stopped? ha, just sad (within reason of course) too many people on this forum are just FAR to precious it's become ridiculous.

if you want a perfectly clean environment to hang out it, go find a nice little conservative Christian forum (and even thee you wont' be safe)
reptile keepers tend to be passionate at the best of times because the rest of society is against us, and you want US to be nicer? lol learn to deal with it or you're going to have a very sad life ahead of you.

the simplest idea, is don't open a potentially inflaming topic yourself! no need for thought police.

what was the reason for this reply? to try an insult me? im a 32yr old man who you dont know and to make sweeping blanket statements about me or others "who need to harden up" is not only false but obviously not thought out.
i have never entered into these" debates" i dont even care what is said as i come here for REPTILE info and nothing else
like i said before i would rather see a reptile related thread go 8 pages 2000 views

your getting the responce im sure u were hoping for.
your responce to my post in the dole thread is exactly what your talking about,
but u come here for reptile info only ??? lol .
i would say if people expressing THERE thoughs and ideas on touchy subjects boils your blood then proberly best to not click on them,
just a though

what was the reason for this reply? to try an insult me? im a 32yr old man who you dont know and to make sweeping blanket statements about me or others "who need to harden up" is not only false but obviously not thought out.
i have never entered into these" debates" i dont even care what is said as i come here for REPTILE info and nothing else
like i said before i would rather see a reptile related thread go 8 pages 2000 views

and here we go..
dear sir, it seems you are a troll, you start a thread complaining about people discussing and even arguing about topics you now state, you don't even pay attention to, and yet, you complain about them.
how does this work exactly? if you didn't pay attention or even open them, how do they even affect or bother you?
you seem to fail logic, I HAVE to make sweeping generalised statements about you BECAUSE I don't know you, I read your post and react to it's content and respond, with no insult nor belittlement, and yet you STILL ask if I insult you?
can you not read? or did you just expect to be insulted because you had a non reptile thread? (so ironic there too)
it is not false or poorly thought out, you just don't LIKE it, you apparently think the world should be all sugar and candy coated with cotton wool for comfort.
until you decide it's time for YOU to talk, then it's all different, you should be allowed to express your opinion without comment, on threads you say you don't even read!.
you do make me laugh sir.

I'm still wracking my brains as to how you could possibly feel insulted from my initial post? really? I tell you to harden up and it's all arm waving and being highly offended? LOL (and I say that out loud as L O L for effect)

Has anyone mentioned that this forum has an ignore function? If people consistently annoy you just add them to your ignore list and all your problems will be solved.

Has anyone mentioned that this forum has an ignore function? If people consistently annoy you just add them to your ignore list and all your problems will be solved.

When you do this do you never see any of their posts? That would make any threads they are involved in kinda difficult to read I'd think.
Nato isn't a troll I think he just voiced an opinion. I think it's ironic that this thread has turned into exactly what he was talking about. And not one mention of religion or politics :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back