Awkward Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since starting this thread the seller has now contacted me and stated he will follow htis up. I am un able to put the dispute through due to time restraints etc etc. I have ordered another hook and pinner via another seller i have always used in Tas. I was going to contact you baz... I may still be chasing some bags. Will see what follows, you may hear from me very soon :D
raptor?

they are a bit pricey arent they?

where do u recommend i get a hook from? PM me :D

I think I know who you're talking about. It took 4 months, and a lot of excuses on their behalf before I got the kit. Very very poor form, and very poor at returning emails etc. Terrible way to run a business.

If I were buying anything else I'd definitely go through sssnakeman!

Last edited:
i have chased him up several times(even on this site) and its always getting posted that week and so after 4mths have just given up - luckily i did it for experience as my volunteer work requires me to catch,handle, and release snakes at times and as i had to take the day off to do the course they know i have done it. Was originally very impressed sadly

raptor?

they are a bit pricey arent they?

where do u recommend i get a hook from? PM me :D

Raptors and Gentle Giants alike are dear mate. They are a different standard to the $70 ones off ebay. But their hooks are a bit different too. Only problem with these guys blue is that they dont recommend alot of other options except using tongs, thats hwy they make them and market them the way they do. Hooks from Ian are quite dear as they are a replacable item on the end of the suspenion limitied hiking stick. You can have a pinner and hook on here, i prefer basic pinner and hook.

We get all our hooks, bags and flat ended hoops from Jeff Barnes (is that the right spelling) here in Sydney). I think you can get them through Hawkesbury Herps.
These are by far the best hoops around. I cant understand why people have those round butterfly net ones.

Who was this with? im having the same trouble; i emailed n asked is my order sent; reply waiting on stock; waited another week; emailed again, when will the stock be in... no reply.

Just going back to the issue of disputes. I was mucked around by an online seller for an item that they supposedly sent three times. I went to my back as I had paid with my master card and filled in a form. The bank contacted me for some further details and I was able to give them copies of all the emial correspondance, reciept details etc and in a matter of a few days the money was back in my account. If paypal don't want to be helpful that is their problem, your bank will pursue your money very promptly and it will fall back on the seller for failure to abide by the sale agreement not on you for reclaiming what is yours.

Who was this with? im having the same trouble; i emailed n asked is my order sent; reply waiting on stock; waited another week; emailed again, when will the stock be in... no reply.

Banks, of course. Old man brain taking over.

Did you end up getting your stuff yet (from the person you originally bought the stuff off)? Or are you still getting every excuse under the sun?

OMG :shock: Still nothing.

I'd be contacting your bank and also lodge a complaint with the department of fair trading if I were you!

I think I know who you're talking about. It took 4 months, and a lot of excuses on their behalf before I got the kit. Very very poor form, and very poor at returning emails etc. Terrible way to run a business.

If I were buying anything else I'd definitely go through sssnakeman!

Sad thing is they are still in business. I hope they are reading this and taking it all in.

easy to find out or not if they are doing this to people they should be named so everyone can avoid them, no-one wants money wasted on excuses

I would how ever like ot thank all of those who have come forward with advice, and those who have gear for sale and offered this also. I am in the process of expanding and looking at opening with a group of catchers, this was just a pot hole in the road for me, but never the less i will kee trudging on :D

good luck with the group however KEEP trying to get either your money back or the promised gear and if necessary take it to civil court

might not be a lot of money, might even be considered a hassle however its YOUR money and you dont deserve to be treated like this and im gathering from some things posted in here your might 'not' be the first victim of this seller who will continue to get away with it if people just shrug their shoulders and say 'meh'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back