B&G Jungles - Just a couple questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rediah

Reaction score
Hey,

I just have a couple questions about Jungles. I'm looking at gettin some but i need a few answers to help me make up my mind.

First, Out of all the different types of jungles which one would have to be the best? Thats out of the palmerstons, tullys, athertons and whatever else there is. I'm talking about lovely bright yellow a dark black markings, nice size and that could make some good money off their offspring.

What would you expect to pay for juvi and yearling jungles (and if locality makes a difference please specify)?

Are there any special requirements for jungles such as extra UV light or extra calcuim or any diseases they are suspectable to? I have a number of coastals at the moment and i think jungeles are just a (sometimes) meaner and more colourful version of a coastal (i know there are other differences but we'll leave it at that for now) so i mean special as in anything that u wouldnt usually expect owing coastals.

And thats all i can think about for now so whoever wants to put their 2 cents in please feel free.

Thanks

All localities can be bright yellow and black, so it depends on the individual to a degree.
Athertons are generally duller but not always and they do get somewhat larger.

As for pricing anywhere from between 200-800 for juvies with most good ones (colour wise) 400+
You tend to pay more for certain lines rather then localities with jungles as they are usually mixed anyway however not all are.

And you can keep them like a coastal but they don't grow as large but they do like to climb.
They don't need any extra UV or calcium.

They will climb any chance they get so you should make sure you have something for them to climb on. My girl is like a little GTP 99% of the time! She's almost always out and visible, which is good to. But i guess it always depends on the individual snake doesn't it.

Thanks Junglepython2 that helps heaps. So would you by any chance know whats the deal with a Stone Line Jungle?

My girl is like a little GTP 99% of the time!

LOL! Ha yeah from past research i have picked up on the fact they love to climb and i have already thought up little plans in my head to satisfy that desire of theirs.

Is your girl a bit of a biter or is she quite calm? Has she always been like that and if she has improved do ou handle her often or not too much cuz that is something i am getting mixed messages on. I know with my coastals i dont hold them much and they dont mind when i do actually come and pick them up (other than one big girl who just seems to hate being picked up.... or just hates me. But dont worry she got her revenge the other week and tagged me on my ankle when i was picking her up off the grass:-D).

I am more concerned on of all the 'types' of jungles which one/ones are best and prices that people are willing to pay.

But then again i do wanna hear just anything about jungles.

If you want to know about a Stone line jungle, it's as simple as contacting Southern Cross Reptiles and asking whatever you want to know. Top line animals are sold at about 6 months + when they show colour, and are usually sold in pairs only, and cost $1600/pair. I understand there is a year or two wait for them at the moment. If you are considering potential profits before you even have the animals however, I think you are putting the cart way in front of the horse...

Jamie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Junglepython2 that helps heaps. So would you by any chance know whats the deal with a Stone Line Jungle?

What about them?
They are very nice animals and you will pay accordingly and may have to wait awhile. But they should breed true.

Are you serious!! I've already got one lined up... now i'm kinda sus.... It sounds as though it shouldn't be that easy... either someones fibbing or it's my lucky day.

If you want to know about a Stone line jungle, it's as simple as contacting Southern Cross Reptiles and asking whatever you want to know. Top line animals are sold at about 6 months + when they show colour, and are usually sold in pairs only, and cost $1600/pair. I understand there is a year or two wait for them at the moment. If you are considering potential profits before you even have the animals however, I think you are putting the cart way in front of the horse...

Jamie.

I was only asking cuz i wasnt sure what exactly a stone line jungle is. I had no idea that they were 'special'. I just thought maybe its.... dunno i really had no idea... maybe the breeder....?

Now that i know i am suprised. Thanks for telling though. :D

I love the B&W jungles of tree's personally and palmeston are another one I like. Like said before athertons are usually duller, bigger jungles (although Iv'e seen exceptions to this). Palmestons are smaller as well as tully's and like said before ovioulsy the higher price tag usually is because there nicer or better lines behind them but both them. Depends what your prepaired to spend. I personally love the striped palmeston they have a nice price tag with them so yeah all up to yourself there's plenty of good breeders of jungles around (nick stock and rex just to mention a few). Jungles not much different to coastals in they don't require anything special, I know they arn't huge fans of high tempretures. And also jungles temperaments are a lot on the individual snake, and how often you handle them. I have a few now of all different localities most are placid and love to be handled and others will rip your hand off at any given chance.

Allana :)

i agree with everything allana has said i just got a pair of B&W jungles they are great and I have the B&G as well. I would add that jungle_freak is another great breeder of B&G jungles

Thanks Allana. It just gets confusing when u look at a photo n a description n the snake in the pic looks kinda dull but in the description it say 'colouring up nicely'.......... hmmmm....

But, now i will be more cautious when it comes to athertons cuz thats not what i am looking for. Infact the snake you decribed sounds great. I am after one with bold distinct markings and i love the ones that have that 'zebra' pattern. I'm going to check some out some time this week n i hope they are exactly what i want... photos can be very deceiving but thanks to you guys i have a bit of an idea of what i'm lookin at.

Cheers

I'm kinda pushing the budget to get the B&G's so i dont think B&W's are on my 'to buy' list.... yet.

Thats one reason i like coastals. They are great snakes and they dont break the bank. The jungles are just well, the next step for me:D

My girl is snappy as! But she's getting better... she's ok once out of the cage but still will go on for a little while. she has a thing with biting at my body... especially the booby area! Thinks she's funny the little butt head!

Thanks Allana. It just gets confusing when u look at a photo n a description n the snake in the pic looks kinda dull but in the description it say 'colouring up nicely'.......... hmmmm....
Cheers

B&Gs don't hatch with their brilliant colours, it develops as they grow so each shed you should see a difference as they become brighter and more defined. As was already said - have a look at the parents, that will give an indication of how the offspring will colour up.

Cheers!

Just remember that most jungle babies (indeed most carpet babies) are very dull for the first few months. Most breeders of top-line jungles hang on to their animals until they are sure of what their babies will look like, and they get a lot of variation in every clutch. Not all babies from exceptional parents will turn out spectacular, hence the higher cost of exceptional animals. They may not show potential until they are 6 months or older.

There are many breeders of spectacular jungles, and they seem to get better each year. This forum is a good place to watch if you are after top-line animals, but you need to have your money ready and be very quick when they are advertised. Most seem to come on-line about the middle of the year, when the breeders are sure of what they are offering.

Ask around and research the breeders offering top-line jungles (there are at least half a dozen very well known breeders who frequent this site) - patience is a virtue if you want to get the best.

Hope that helps.

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back