B&W Jungle...Is he??? opinions.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swingonthespiral

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hiya everyone.....

I have posted these pics before of my darling spawn of satan Taj the Kuranda Jungle....

Now lately (after his last couple of sheds) I've noticed hes gone very light.... and after his last shed (these pics were taken just before his eyes went milky so hes not the best colour) he was seriously paper white....

I have seen the parents in the flesh as I went to the breeders place in Mareeba to pick out my hatchie (i wanted ALL of them lol)..... his parents are true black and golds.... although he was the lightest in the clutch which is why i have picked him....

So my question is..... since i dont know anything about genetics of colurs etc...... is it possible that he is a B&W Jungle from Gold parents???? is he just some strange throwback???

Any info anyone could give me would be great..... because if he is I'm gonna have to find a girl for him and I would like to let the breeder know as well.....

I was reading the cape trib thread which is what sparked my interest.....

Thanks in advance guys.....

Attachments

• taj1.jpg
    taj1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 163
  • taj2.jpg
    taj2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 534
Looks like the "white" will darken up with age.

I don't know alot about genetics either. Someone posted a pic of some BHP hatchlings a while back breed from black and orange (QLD form) parents, all turned out black and orange except for 1 which was black and white.

thanks craig thats interesting with the BHP... i remember reading that B&W's are really only B&W for a couple of weeks after thier shed...... its just strange that he was very light yellow when i got him and then he went kinda dirty cream colour and now hes white..... i mean even if he isnt a true B&W i'd love to find a very light girl for him....

How old is it?

Without really knowing the background of the parents it is hard to say if it is a genetic throw back, however could be possible.

I had a hatchy holdback from B&Y tully pr that at about 9 mths went a very very pail on the background and could have easily sold it as a B&W. I recently swapped it and it had changed again to a peculiar lime/yellow. Quite a nice colour indeed.

I personally would wait for a few more sheds until it's colour was very consistant.

its a great looking snake no matter what is it, great markings, im sure it will turn out beautiful ;)

thanks everyone.... so its possible that he is B&W???? apparently hes GGG Grandparents were wild caught from the kuranda area (the guy works for QPWS)... so that doesnt leave us much history really......

Lime green colour..... mmmmm im excited now :D

He is a gorgeous little boy i suppose im just gonna have to wait and see..... anyone got a little girl for him be sure to pm me....

Depends on what you call a black&white, some will call them a B&W if they have white, grey or dull gold while others will only call them that if parents were white and they are not from B&G stock.
If he is from B&G stock it's unlikely that he will breed true.

Either way he is a very nice snake.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that mate..... but would i obviously raise my chances of breeding "light" jungles if i would pair him with a girl with the same characteristics yes???

Julatten I believe, however Julatten locale can also show a range of other colours from what I understand...

ok... so it may be possible that he is from B&W lineage considering kuranda is less than 80kms south of julatten.... but i guess we'll never know....

I just didnt wanna mislead anybody by eventually breeding and calling them B&W if they aren't.

I wouldn't consider that snake a B&W jungle I'm afraid, it could turn out lighter but with jungles it's a bit of a lottery.
True B&W's come from Cape Tribulation and Julatten mostly.

how old is he? he has a bit of a lite orange coloure to him, a true B&W is bread by parents that ate true B&W''s they don't have and colour through them, you jungle is gorgouse never the less and he will darken up latter on when he gets older and if you where to class him as a B&W what happens if you sell an offspring for the same price as a true B&W is 3k and it gets used for breeding latter on and it produces just B&G's (I would think I got ripped off wouldn't you!!!) If it has no history of having B&W's throughout the lines then don't class it as a B&W just so you get more monie if thats what your thinking. It's just a very light B&G or B&O Jungle and a exstreamly gorgouse one at that.

Jody

thanks jody i did say on the other page that i didnt want to mislead anyone which is why i made this original thread.... as i am not in herps for a quick buck.... i guess ill just have to wait and see wont i...

Will a true B&W pair produce only B&W offspring???

He is whiter than the 'cape tribs' in that thread!!!
He has gold 'tri-colour' like a cape trib and a lot of actual white.
Who says he won't colour up even lighter.
You should have bought the adult male off herptrader - $900 was a reasonable price for an adult.
Cheers
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back