Baby Bearded dragon :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what should i feeed him?

wow,
do you think mine is big/old enough for cocroaches or meal worms
he is 12cm long and is eating 5-6 crickets with calcium a day...
the only problem is that he usually only goes for food that moves
so cocroaches and meal worms mayy work.. is he old enough though?

awww thanks :)

thanks to everyone who has written to me :)

he loks realy healthy!...wel done!!!

using a plastic tub for feeding will allow for not stress ue to live feed living in the habitat

ok thanks...
but should i feeed him meal worms and woodies or is he too young??
i love him so muchhhhh
how old do you think he is if he is about 11 cm cuz ithink he is like 4-6 months.
thanks in advance.

yehh i powder them with the calcuim..
where do u get gutload from>???

shedding

another question, how often do you think he will shed?s

okk thanks :)
also, do u think i could feed him roaches and meal worms??

my bearded dragon looks like he is shedding twice in a row
like,, shed after shed straight away, is this normal for a 3 month old?

I get my gutload in a jar, it's made by Jurassi Pet, my calcium, vitamin supps and beardy pellets are all from the same company. Usually found in shops that sell reps.

so the stuff that comes with crickets IS calcium rite? because that's what i have been sprinkling them with lol
anyway,, should i be feeding ma beardy pellets as well? because he doesnt seem to eat anyting that doesn't
move. will he grow out of that? i hope he does cuz i dont want to have that problemm..

Thanks,

M

No, the stuff that comes with crickets is gutload which you feed the crickets with. Calcium you buy at the pet shop.
Keep offering greens such as dandelions,clover,etc & eventually he will start to eat them. My guys would only eat greens occasionally until they were about 12 months & now they eat them daily.You don't have to feed them pellets but it does make life easier if you run out of live food for them, just be sure to get the small pellets for baby beardies. A good site with lists of foods suitable for beardies is beautifuldragons.com.

I've bought crickets that come with a small bag of calcium. Just to clarify the calcium is a white powder, gutload is tiny brown pellets smaller than poppy seeds you get on bread rolls.

Try to get them in the habit of eating greens now as a juvy, my beardy only eats live food and because I got him as an adult it is very difficult to change his ways.

ok, ill try offering him more veggies. i have bought them wtih calcium as well.. but how do i feed crickets with gutload???

thanks

M

ohh yeah and everyone, feel free to post pics of ur own reptiles too :D i love pictures!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back