Baby Blue Green Tree snakes youngsters..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please excuse my ignorance but what colour will he finally be?Blue or green?i thought all GTP's were green or am i confusing your snake with something else?

Please excuse my ignorance but what colour will he finally be?Blue or green?i thought all GTP's were green or am i confusing your snake with something else?
Hi Sookie you misread the post it's a green tree snake not a gtp

These snakes get to around 4' for males and 5-6' for females, although i have heard of them getting bigger (like most snakes it will depend on genetics and feeding). As far as i know they dont usually colour up until adult size and seem to retain their colour after that.

I reckon it smells like maccas :lol: They only do this when they are extremely stressed, like all snakes some stress easier than others. I have never been musked by captive bred animals and rarely by legal wild caught animals (legal from NT).

I used to have to force feed a wild caught NT and it had a good musk at me once or twice in the beginning whilst doing this and i have to say... not a terrible smell. reminded me of the smell of really salty sardines with maybe a bit of cut grass. I used to hear people saying a tree snake musk is "a smell you will never forget" as if it is the worst smell in the world. I truly will never forget it though because ill always remember how unimpressed i was with it... My housemates farts overpower it 10 fold and hang around for just as long or longer.

In terms of largest size... maybe someone can post photos of "Gigantor"? as she is a very big CTS.

he is about 100cm long, about the same as my Jungle Python (and my Jungle is only 13 months old) so would he be around the same age or older or younger?
About 100cm long... two years old maybe? I dont know exactly how long my two year old is, I never measure length of mine but id say shes around a meter or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back